Got Slicks? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford Lounge General discussions and Frequently Asked Questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2003, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Got Slicks?

Ok, so MTR's dont do so good in clay...

...who knew? [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1110654-slicks.jpg (82.0 KB, 42 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2003, 08:40 PM

Re: Got Slicks?

ya, thats how they all look around here. maybe now juice will be convinced.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 12:17 AM
Mud in my Veins

yep, you gotta have some water on top of the mud in that situation [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 06:45 AM

hey rept does that nerf/foot bar get hung up alot my wifes been nagging me to put something down there so she can get in alittle easier but i think the steps would get hung up and rip off or bend
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Heh, yeah, that stuff was pretty sticky....all the water was blasted away by the tires, leving me in nice, super-sticky yellow clay. Im glad i decided to rip through the edge of it first and not try going out any deeper into it. LOL, i think i need to get a set of swampers now [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Lal, the nerf bars are actually surviving! I have hit both of them offroad, but all it did was bend them up to the truck, so i just stood on em to bend them back down, and theyre good as new! I did manage to dent the driver side one, though. (Yeah, that was a prettty big rock).
I much prefer these to the old steps that were on it when i bought it, they dont hang down as low, and are less likely to get ripped off. You could always add grab-handles to the side of the truck, just remember that they dont fold in! [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 08:48 PM

already got the grab handles she wants steps and some oh $hit handles for the inside (she aint getting them )
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Heh, yeah, my g/f was like, 'if you buy that lift you better get me some handles so i can get into this thing!!!'
So, to appease her, i did, but i no longer have the d.s. one. Well, i do, but its in 4 pieces [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Eh, i didnt use it anyway [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 10:12 PM

i went back to my play area and took her she was grabing the seatbelt so tight i saw white knuckles i was going up this washed out badly utted road and she finally said just stratle (<-?) the [email protected] ruts got it on video hoping to take it to a friends place and put it on a cd [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

hehehe, i know, they get scared so easily...my g/f will be going with me on a ride to paragon next monht, so im tryin to get her out on the trail before we got rockclimbing, i think it would be better for her heart that way [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2003, 03:55 PM

Convinced of what?

That if I were doing lots of mud running only, that I should probably opt for the bogger over the MT/R?
yep convinced. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But convinced that the MT/R is not a good mud tire given that the reason I bought it was for performance in all categories...mud, sand, rock, general trail and grocery getting.
nope, not convinced. I know there are better mud tires out there. In my experience so far, they have done well in the mud. Not great, but what I expected, so I'm very happy with them. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode