question for you ford guys! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford Lounge General discussions and Frequently Asked Questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 10:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

question for you ford guys!

ok i was wondering are the track widths the same for full size broncos and ford f trucks of the same year (say 78 or so)? are the track widths the same between ford half tons and one tons of the same year? what axles came in an early 70s ford half ton? what are the lug patterns on the ford half tons? 5 on 5.5? what are the lug patterns on the ford i tons 5on 5.5 i dont think they are but what are they? what axles were in the ford 1 ton? say a 75 since they changed the body style in 80 i think. any help is much appreciated. i was asking cause i wanted to put a ford 9 inch from a full size bronco (a 78) in the rear of my jeep cherokee (xj) and i wanted to put a dana 44 high pinion front ford axle in the front but im nto sure if i can find one from a fullsize ford bronco and so i wanted to know if the trac width was the same for the f trucks and the full size broncos and i was thinkin about it and about a dana 60 for the front and maybe even for the rear but i wasnt sure what the lug pattern was for one and wasnt sure if the ford one tons of the year i specified above was the same trac width as the half and 3/4 tons. if so i dont mind having an 8 lug setup i actually like it but i need the narrower trac of the full size bronco. the trac of the ford 9 inch i found was only about an inch and a half wider on either side then my stock axles which would put the trac somewhere between 64 and 68 inches wms to wms. im not quite sure what the trac of my stock axles are but its the same as a jeep wrangler yj(the early model wrangler). sorry about all the questions but i thought you guys would be the best to ask. thanks [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 10:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: question for you ford guys!

cmon now
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2002, 05:56 AM

It Thanksgiving weekend.....hardly anyone is on the computer. Don't get pissed if no one answers your question in 20 minutes.

1/2 tons are 5 on 5 1/2
3/4 and 1 tons are 8 lug

The track width should be the same.

Why is it so hard to find a D44 from a 78 Bronco? I have a couple for sale as well as 2 9" rears.

1) 3.50 open
1) 4.56 posi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2002, 06:52 AM

the 3/4HP d44's are about 2 inches wider in track width.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2002, 02:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

sorry about asking you guys a question and i wasnt serious about the cmon now thing i was just playin. just ignore that kind of thing. sorry sorry sorry
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 05:44 AM

Nuff said!

but don't appologize for asking a legitimate question, that's what the site is for [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode