Get a Build Sheet direct from Ford FREE - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford Lounge General discussions and Frequently Asked Questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Get a Build Sheet direct from Ford FREE

I just spent a few minutes on the phone with Charlotte, and she talked me thru the online method, but you can call 1-866-693-6738 and get this same service.

Online, go to the Ford site's "Contact Us" link and hit the "Ask Kate" hypertext. In the new window, at the end of the first paragraph, "click here". Then click "Ford", then "Email". (Yeah, it takes a while to get there! [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]) Then you fill out the form, (Subject is "Vehicle Parts/Accessories") and in the last field repeat your VIN and include all the codes from the bottom line of your VIN sticker from your door jamb. Then ask for the build sheet & wait about 3 weeks for them to do the research, and you should get a list of all the stuff they built on your truck. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You can also use that form for other stuff like complaints, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 03:18 PM

Re: Get a Build Sheet direct from Ford FREE

ROTFLMAO - can we tie this thread into the 'whats a tranny code 'b' mean' thread? please? please? [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] when you got the build shet, what did ford tell you tranny code 'b' represents?

chris
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

I haven't gotten it - I just sent the request. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] As in the first post, it takes 3 weeks. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 03:25 PM

Steve, how far back will they go? 78? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Earliest

Most of their requests come from Mustang owners in the '65-70 model years. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 04:23 PM

Re: Build Reports

Thats really cool!
I just sent for one for my truck, maybe itll explain some of the differences in parts my truck uses.

Great find, Steve!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2002, 12:33 PM
froggy

Cool , I also sent one off. Only problem is the guy before me removed the vin sticker. Hopefully they can pull enough info just off the vin itself.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 04:07 PM

Got mine in the mail today. Pretty interesting, i must say.

It displays the VIN#, and decodes it down for you.
Then, it tells you the date your vehicle was produced (mine was 4/08/88).

Then it lists all the options installed on it. For example, here is what mine said:
<ul type="square">[*]105" Wheelbase Tachometer[*]GVW is 6,300lbs[*]Automatic C6 Transmission[*]3.08 Non-Locking Rear Axle[*]31x10.50Rx15C Tubeles Single Rear Tires[*]Handling Package[*]Front Liscence Plate Bracket[*]Air Conditioning[*]Radio AM/FM Midline Electronic Stereo Cassette/Clock[*]Light Group[*]Super Cool Radiator[*]Black Exterior Color[*]Black Fiberglass Roof[*]Cloth Captains Chairs- Smoke Trim Color[*]Power Convenience Group[*]Rear Window Defroster[*]Privacy Glass[/list]

But thats basically it. I was hoping that it would cover some mechanical options that existed on the truck, in addition to the basic dealer options, but its still pretty neat. Especially to find out your truck's birthday! [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 07:18 PM
Mud in my Veins

i didnt even know these rigs came with 31's stock, but with 3.08 gears, what are they thinking? I actually thought my truck coulda used a little help with the 3.55's and 31's, but I thought they all came with p235's stock, which would be good gearing for maximum tow rating. weird..... now i'm curious, i'll just have to fill out this little build sheet thing [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Hold on there, bub...

[img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I forgot to mention that they frown on requests from owners of '92-up vehicles, because that info is pretty much available online. [img]images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] They'll give you a web address if you ask for a build sheet. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode