9" disc brakes - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford Early Bronco, 66-77 All discussion of Early Ford Bronco's to 1977

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2001, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

9\" disc brakes

I don't own an early Bronco but I hope ya'll won't hold that against me. I have a 9" from an early Bronco, not sure of the year, that has no brakes. I figure that instead of buying all new parts for a drum setup, why not try for disc? I was thinking that an old Lincold with a 9" and rear discs could be used for the parts. Is this possible? Thanks for any replies.

94 Blazer 4dr, 4.3 cpi, 3" body lift, 30" fake BFGs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2001, 12:40 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: 9\" disc brakes

Yes, the '78-82 Lincoln Versailles had disks, but they're scarce & expen$ive. The parts (pads & calipers) are really expensive, too. I'm looking into late-model Town Car & Explorer disks, but I haven't found anything that I can use yet. Check Ford Motorsports.

[email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2001, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Looks like that wouldn't work with my axle. I have the 5x5.5 bolt pattern. Thanks for the info though. Now I know what years to look for. At the local junkyard, I can get a whole axle, including brakes for about $130. I should be able to get the brake parts for under $50. Hopefully.

94 Blazer 4dr, 4.3 cpi, 3" body lift, 30" fake BFGs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2001, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Well, I am in need of some more help. I got some junkyard parts but I'm missing some stuff. I found a late 70's Lincoln Mark V with a disc brake 9". The only problem is that I wasn't the first one there. Somebody had already taken the bracket that bolts to the axle tube flange. I got all the other parts though. Well, except for the rotors which were cracked. Does anyone happen to know what this bracket looks like and wether or not I could make it myself? Again, thanks in advance.

94 Blazer 4dr, 4.3 cpi, SFA-Dana 30/Ford 9", 4.10 gears, 3" body lift, 30's soon to be 33's
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 08:13 AM
Mud in my Veins

Go to your local Ford dealer and have the parts guy print the exploded view of that brake system for you.

BTW If you didn't get the caliper brackets or rotors, what DID you get? The calipers and ... ? Are they any good?

[email protected]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

I got tired of messing with it and went with drums. I still have the parts so that I can change over someday. I got the calipers and part of the brackets. Thanks for the info though.

94 Blazer 4dr, 4.3 cpi, SFA-Dana 30/Ford 9", 4.10 gears, 3" body lift, 30's soon to be 33's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode