Which has more room - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford Early Bronco, 66-77 All discussion of Early Ford Bronco's to 1977

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2001, 12:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Which has more room

I know many of the posters here have owned or still own a CJ-7 and an early bronc. I am wondering which one has more interior space (leg room, head room, etc.). I am looking to get a new 4X4 and was looking into Broncos (early and late) as well as Jeeps.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2001, 08:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Which has more room

If you are to compare the Early Bronco to the Jeep.
The jeep has more vertical space (the seats are more upright), the bronco seats sit more like a car than the jeep. The back of the Bronco is slightly longer and wider but, again has less vertical space. Overall, the Bronco is a little larger on the inside.
You also mentioned the Late Bronco which has way more room than both the Early Bronco and the Jeep. It is approx 12" wider, 24" longer and 12" taller on the interior than the early Bronco. It is a hulk in comparison.
I am 6'-4" tall and find that the Early and Late model Broncos are very comfortable. Two of my neighbors have jeeps, and they are a little uncomfortable for a resonably tall person with the stock seat configuration.

Just my 2 cents.

Curtis

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2001, 01:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't know if this help you or confuse you more but during the early eighties Jeep made the Scrambler, same as the Cj-7 but had a longer wheel base.Check out this link if you think this sounds interestinghttp://scott_cj8.tripod.com/scrmbpg.html

Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2001, 11:53 PM
Keyboard Implanted

The Early Bronco seems to have much more cargo space, but after driving my buddies '70 Bronco, I found myself constantly ducking to see out the windshield. The top of the w/s frame on the Bronco seems much lower than my CJ-7. I am 6'1" tall and both of our rig's have stock seats. Head room wasn't a prolem in either vehicle, but it felt wierd looking down out the w/s to see in the Bronc'

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode