what year do i look for - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford Early Bronco, 66-77 All discussion of Early Ford Bronco's to 1977

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 02:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

what year do i look for

I have found a guy with a bunch of different years of the old Bronco. I was wondering if there is any certain year I need to look for. Any pros/cons of them. What is the best to get. I have a motor ready to go into whatever I get, I just dont want to get screwed with a pos Bronco. Any info is helpful.
Scott

Beagle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 06:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: what year do i look for

Since no one seems to answering you I thought I would try to give you a hand, I don't currantly own a Early Bronco but I used to.Any way to my way of thinking it probably shouldn't matter to much any more which year bronco you choose being that they have been out of production for such a long time and that they are the kind of vehicle that people tend to modify often. So you should try to pick out the Bronco in the best condition out of the ones that you have to choose from,and has the best equipment on it. Hope this helps some.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 03:08 AM
Keyboard Implanted

The newer, the better. Later EB's came with Dana 44's and disc brakes in the front. Early EB's had the Dana 30 (minimal even in my CJ-7) and drum brakes. My buddy has a '70 that he bought a whole '76 parts Bronco for just to get the front axle! He kept a "couple" of other parts too. Other than that I think they are all pretty much the same mechanically.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo, Almost ready for paint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 04:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

must defenitely look for a '77. not only does it have front disc brakes and a power brake booster but it also has a heady duty 9" in the rear with 31 splined axels. and to be honest, look for a deal on one. either one that needs to be restored or at least one that has a ****y engine in it because most likely you will want to replace it with a fuel injection one when ever you get time. take into acount the body and rust especially around the door posts. either splured and get a good one or save your money and restore a ****ty one to your own specs...you probably do it anyway so why waits your money.

-joel newkirk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode