9" Rear Disk Conversion...? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford Early Bronco, 66-77 All discussion of Early Ford Bronco's to 1977

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2000, 02:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

9\" Rear Disk Conversion...?

I have a Early "REAL" Bronco Dana 44 with the chev disk conversion and am now looking to do the same for a rear 9". The only compatible disks with a 6 bolt pattern I think might work are from the front-ends of an early sheep wagoneer or possibly and early Scout. can anyone tell me if these will work or any other possibilites I might consider?
I know I'll have to get some custom axles made up, but I don't want to re-drill the rotors or use weak-ass 6-stud adapters!

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Chris J.
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]It's not the Biggest, but at least I use it![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2000, 05:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 9\" Rear Disk Conversion...?

My brother has a custom fabbed bracket that holds the caliper from a Monte Carlo. He told me that the rotor is also from the Monte Carlo. It all bolts right on. The rotor fits over the axle with no modification (this is where I am confused). It is a very inexpensive conversion. I am in the process of researching all the info to do a narrative on the mod (after I do it myself). I am having a little trouble finding out the facts. I will let you know my findings when I figure it out. It may take a couple of months.
Later,
Curtis

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2000, 05:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks, I'd appreciate seeing what you come up with! I'll keep poking around also and let you know what I find out!

Chris J.
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]It's not the Biggest, but at least I use it![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 04:23 PM

Late model Explorers have rear disc on the 9's. I believe you can swap the parts onto your 9's.
Pigpen

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2000, 09:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have a 9 inch in my race truck. depending on the bolt pattern you want here is another option. i used the front rotors from an 86 model jeep cherokee for my 4 1/2 inch bolt pattern.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2000, 03:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I do know that the jeep rotors fit over the axles, but haven't found a caliper/backing plate that will work with the 9" axle.
Curtis

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2000, 12:40 AM
Addict

So, you are talking chevy coversion? What is that? Does that mean you have Early Blazer type 6 lug now?

post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2000, 09:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have a 9-inch in my race truck from a Early Couger. it has the small bolt pattern. and yes the jeep rotors cleared the axle flange. i also used the caliper mounts from the front of a dodge halfton pick up 2 wheel drive. a little grinding and they fit perfectly. just weld them to the axle tubes in the position you want them and use dodge calipers and pads.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2000, 05:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes, I have the chevy rotors up front, but I think I'm going to ripp it back out and use the Ford disks. Just save myself the pain and hassles and eliminate the chevy crap...

Chris J.
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]I might not push it to the end, but I'll sure bash the S..t out of the sides[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2000, 10:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Are you still running 5 lug in rear? Check out your local roundtrack shop. They should have some brackets ready to weld on. Just use 80's Chevy 2 wheel Drive front calipers with Big Bronco discs and have the axle flanges turned down to fit. Line lock for E-brake.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode