Lock out hub swap problems, need help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2001, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Lock out hub swap problems, need help

We were going from factory auto hubs to warn permium lock outs on a '93 ford ttb d44 and the inner adjustment nut (it takes a 4 prong socket) got stripped, you can tighthen the nut but loosening it is a lost cause it was susposed to be a square slot but the side to loosen it is rouned off and the 4 prong socket just slips off. we tried using a file to make them squrare again and that was a lost cause. We are thinking of just try to cut the nut off (major pita) or maybe to cut new slots with a dreml. Help, give us ideas we need to get this done quick, we want to go wheeling tomorow.

Thanks in advance,

BarrelRoll

97 TJ

Wheel it or drive a minny van

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2001, 03:44 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Lock out hub swap problems, need help

that is strange because the inner nut is not supposed to be very tight. are you sure you've got all the fasteners off? Is it the two nuts with a keyed washer sandwiched between? I just cant see how you put enough torque on it to round off all 4 slots, unless maybe the socket you're using isn't the right one. Mine fits like a glove, no slack at all. I would try giving it a couple good whacks parallel with the spindle, it must be cross threaded if it's that stuck, but those are fine threads so that seems unlikely. It's gonna be a bitch getting a dremel in there, you'd probably be better off trying to drill a hole in there and then using a punch to work the nut around in a circle. I'm not sure but something sounds fishy. good luck.

S H O U L D A G O T T A F O R D!

www.ArkansasMud.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode