Battery Size? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2001, 10:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Battery Size?

Does anyone know what the Battery size is for my 93 Bronco Eddie. It has a 302 in it. I called a Interstate battery shop and he informed me there are two different sizes. The battery that is currently in my truck is not correct (it is two small), so I can't use it as a reference. Any help would be appreciated.

ridinghigh's barn
93 bronco EB 302 32'BFG AT
98 suburban
86 hydra-sports 200 Merc (my other hobby)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2001, 11:16 AM
broncoman

Re: Battery Size?

I have a 95 with all the options and I believe the battery is rated at 850 CCA. Cant be much more expensive than the standard battery is came with, probably 600CCA's or so. Still have the original battery in my vehicle Time for a new battery pretty soon Im sure.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2001, 11:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I shold have been more specific. I mean the actual pyhsical size, not the cranking power, or reserve power.

ridinghigh's barn
98 suburban
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2001, 02:41 PM
Shilo

You're making it too hard :-) Call any large parts house (Checker, Autozone) and ask them what listing they show. It's expressed as a GROUP #, ie Group 43. There's no rhyme or reason to the group #s, a 43 might be smaller than a 22 or vice-versa. I'm sure Interstate shows two sizes because Ford did provide a batt w a higher capacity in things like towing or snow-plow packages. Just get the best you can buy, either model should fit physically (I'm sure Ford used the same batt tray either way). I can tell you it'll be *roughly* 11" long by 7.5" wide by 6.?" high. I only know this because I was recently trying to squeeze my old Bronco batt into my daily driver.
You can put in whatever you want, just take measurements of your battery tray and go from there if you choose, you can buy universal j-hooks and hold-downs to retain any size battery. Now that I think about it, the Bronco might take a Group 65?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2001, 03:09 PM

I would go with the bigger battery(cca bigger not size bigger).

Havack!

The main difference in my truck and yours is your truck is a toy and my truck is a truck!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2001, 03:10 PM

I would go with the bigger battery(cca bigger not size bigger).

Havack!

The main difference in my truck and yours is your truck is a toy and my truck is a truck!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2001, 04:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

As far as my research goes on the net goes,it is a group 65. I measured the new battery and it was 7.5 wide, 11 long and 6.5 high. The reference on the net for a group 65 said 7.5 wide, 12 1/6 long and 9 1/16 high. I think the important thing is that the new batteries width is correct and it is not too long. It sounds like from your description, that I got the correct one. I will fing out tonight when I get home. Thanks for your input.

This interstate battery is replacing a piece of crap AutoZone battery that was in the truck when I bought it. It cost way more than AutoZone, $125, but that piece of crap stranded me while I was hunting and had to hike 3 miles back to camp. It sucked.

ridinghigh's barn
98 suburban
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2001, 05:52 PM
Veteran

$125.00 for an interstate? Geez!!!!!!! i paid 130 for my Optima from a marine supplier and it has 1050CCA...

post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2001, 12:48 AM
Mud in my Veins

$125!!!

I've gotten 2 from Ford - one for me & one for my brother-in-law's '93 - and they were only $80 each for Motorcraft Silver Series! Click my sig and scroll down to the shot of the battery up close - click on it and you can see the whole ID tag with the PN, CCA, warranty, etc.

[email protected]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2001, 09:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i just buy the highest cca i can afford and make it fit. Had an F250 with a big honking tractor battery in it. so heavy didn't need a tray cause it wasn't movin'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

'94 Bronco = my new pride and joy, can't wait for winter [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode