EB vs. xlt - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 06:26 PM
Bocephus

EB vs. xlt

what is the difference between the eddie bouer and the xlt.Did any late model broncos have 4.11 from factory.I also heard that some EBs came with a 3 inch body lift from factory is this true. thanks BO

Ive got a shotgun rifle and a four wheel drive,country boys can survive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 06:46 PM

Re: EB vs. xlt

Again, you are covering some 20 + years, so chime in anyone with a older later model Bronco. I own a newer one and to my knowledge, none came with 4.11's. For the 90's and up Broncos, and believe 3.55 is the numerically highest stock ratio. Also for these years I know of no factory body lift for the EB or any Bronco. The Eddie Bauer and XLT are basically just a trim level difference, including paint scheme. There is a XL, XLT or EB. The EB typically offers the most options and more goodies standard(or more things that break and go wrong) than a XL or XLT.

The Juice, '95 Ford Bronco XLT, White, 5.8, E4OD, 4" Rancho, 35's, 4.10, ARB/LSD, lots else
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 09:19 PM

The XLT offered Options that included two tone paint(not like the EB's lower stripe), leather, and the 351.
EB came with a bronze or tan lower body stripe, leather, a tan top, tan interior, EB markers inside and out, and a 351.
The only diffence in a fully loaded XLT and a EB is the paint and the markers. (I think)

Havack!

The main difference in my truck and yours is your truck is a toy and my truck is a truck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 11:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Havack, your talking about the newer broncs...

Mine (86), has no leather, nothing really special that I can see, I think the XL's didn't come with the clock, but don't hold me to that, I believe steve83 said that lockers weren't offered in the upper two levels- sorry if I got the wrong name- I believe someone else said they didn't come stock with 4.11's and I also believe that some were offered with the 3.73-not sure- Also It wouldn't surprise me if they put a high boy lift on a 78-79 bronco, and if they did then I think it would be a 2" maybe a 3". It seems like oletater was looking at a 78 highboy bronco with added lift to it...

One more thing, I believe in God too...

Tom

Climb in, hold on, Lets rock and roll!
[email protected]#$%^&* open Diffs.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 12:42 AM

On the 3rd generation Broncos 80-86

85 or 86 was when the Eddie Bauer option showed up. Prior to that the XLT was the top of the line option package. I was stripping an XLT in a junkyard and asked people here what was going on , as it said Ranger on the dash and apparently that also was a full sized Bronco trim package too.

Sixlitre

post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 02:16 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: EB vs. XLT

Here's what I think the differences are based on what I've seen, talking to owners, junkyarding, & talking to dealership parts & service guys:

Eddie Bauer wasn't offered until about '85, and included the tan lower bodyside stripe, fender badges, a tan top, and tan interior with just about all the options. XLT was almost the same, but the exterior paint was different and interior color could be chosen.

Around the early 90's, XLT's had A/T, PMW&L, cruise/tilt, interval wipers, A/C, stereo w/clock, instrument cluster, captain's chairs w/center console, rear defrost, headliners, 5.0L, auto hubs, and the light & convenience group - the EB package added EB luggage & leather seats, in addition to the older EB package. XLT's were also available in the "Sport" or "Nite" packages; Sports came in red, black, or white with body-color grilles, campers, & bumpers, and black mirrors & door handles. Nites (available in the late-80's) were all black with a thin stripe that changed from blue at the front to purple at the rear. The "Lightning" package included an HO 5.8L & blacked-out chrome in addition to the "Lightning" paint stripe on a black body, but may not have been offered from the factory on Broncos.

In '95-96, the turbo-diesel bumper & an overhead console were parts of the EB package, but were common options on XLT's.

[email protected]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 02:49 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: EB vs. XLT

you talking bout the bumper with the two squares cut out of it? what's up with that anyway? my uncle's 96 2wd f150 has that, along with some metal "skid plate" right behind the bumper along with a splash guard. Is that for mounting a plow or what? I like the looks of the solid chrome mirror better but it seems like mounting tow hooks would be easy with the notched one.

S H O U L D A G O T T A F O R D!

www.ArkansasMud.com
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 02:57 AM
Mud in my Veins

TD Bumper

TD's need the extra air, but everyone seemed to like the look, so it was offered as an option. The holes don't line up with the frame horns, so it wouldn't affect towhook mounting. The "skid plate" is an air dam with the front anti-sway bar mounted on its rear and the rubber air dam below.

[email protected]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 04:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: TD Bumper

This is my '83 xlt. It is completly stock except for the wheels. I think the two tone paint was an option. It has a 351w, auto trans, auto hubs, heavy duty front end(four shocks) maybe because of the 351? pw&l, air, cruise, int wipers, locking inside hood release, clock and stereo. It also has matching plaid interior with captains chairs.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14-621041-104-0465_IMG.JPG (61.5 KB, 4 views)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 06:23 PM
Mud in my Veins

PLAID?????

I thought they burned all that stuff in '82![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] The quad-front shocks are part of the trailering package - you should also have F&R anti-sway bars. Two-tone paint was probably part of the XLT package. Those locking hood pulls are getting really rare. Does it have heated rear glass?

Has anyone ever seen '80-91 power/heated mirrors? I see the wiring diagram in Haynes and after much searching, I found the actual harness in a junkyard, but the mirrors were gone. I don't know if the truck ever had them, or if the harness was put in at the factory/dealership and never connected to anything.

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode