TG they chose the Dodge !!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2001, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

TG they chose the Dodge !!!!

I'm getting a disabling device for the Bronco

Last Friday night my Brother dropped in from outta town for the weekend on business. He had a full load, leased 2000 Ram because he'd been down on business. Saturday morning as we were leaving for the rugby pub we noticed it was gone-D.

We figured pros from Montreal had pinched it, put it in a container and it'd be halfway to the Middle East by Sunday. After I'd dropped my Brother off at ethic airlines and he was halfway home on the bus, the police found it.
Turns out kids ripped it off, drove it into some deep woods nearby, ran down every tree, less than 6" thick, and totally trashed the vehicle writing it off. My Dad and I 4wheeled into the area and surveyed the devastation, cheap drugs I guess.

The neighbour has me convinced they were angling for my Bronco or his 99 F-250 4X4, as my Brother was only there by coincidence with a newer truck. Knowing it wasn't pros I have to admit he's got a good theory.

Either way I'm sleeping with my coil these nights until the disabling kit gets here.

Little Christ-ers !!!!!!!! Bring back the "board" of education or the cane !!!!!!!!

Malcolm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2001, 02:07 PM

Re: TG they chose the Dodge !!!!

Hey six,
If it's punks like that then they probably don't know about the inertia switch we have on our Broncos. It works for me during these times at the mall shopping. Cut off the fuel and she'll never start. Best of all it FREE!!!!

<font color=blue>Backyard Builder-If I ain't drivin it I'm under it!<font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2001, 03:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Better yet...

Persuade your local MP's to pressure Parliament to allow unregistered firearms in Canada again. Talk about a deterent...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2001, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Re: Better yet...

Ron-Bo

We haven't even registered ours yet and the deadline's coming up. Right now I don't have any anyway, but TG I renewed the aquisition permit as it's like pulling teeth to get one nowadays.

Personal protection's never been a problem for me. I come from a long line of a$$ kickers and at over 6'-4" and 300 lbs they'll be well entertained until the cops arrive. That is if they don't get the Bronco out of the driveway. Speaking of which....

Slickerthanyou

How's that switch work again ? Pull or push down or up to shut off the fuel ? Anything special to reset ? Sounds like that might hold me until the disabling kit gets here.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2001, 07:24 PM

I push up for off. down to drive. That's how I remember it.

<font color=blue>Backyard Builder-If I ain't drivin it I'm under it!<font color=blue>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2001, 11:26 PM
Journeyman

Six .. I hear ya on the firearm thing. Haven't registered mine either. What's the point? Is a registered weapon incapable of being used in a crime? More wasted tax$$$. Personally, I'm not a real big guy, but my friends are, so ... Anyways, big guys are supposed to fear smaller guys (and ones that don't blink) [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=red>Pharaoh
Yah baby, That's right! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]</font color=red>

Editted part: Almost forgot, I went to a fuel pump cutoff switch mounted out of sight under the dash. Kinda tough to steal a bronco that won't start.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2001, 01:03 AM
Mud in my Veins

Inertia switch

Pharaoh
Your cutoff is the same as the inertia switch - it breaks the circuit to the pump.

There were 2 styles used: a bulky black box with a small white button on top; and a sleeker black switch with a recessed orange button. The orange one has a slot in the base of the tube for the button where you can insert a coin, key, paperclip, screwdriver, etc. to pop the button up; and the white one is fully exposed, but a little harder to pull up. The white ones were mostly used in cars, but I've found both styles in cars & trucks. To reset either, just push the button back down until you feel the magnet holding it. From ~'84 - ~'90, the inertia switch was mounted on the firewall in front of the clutch pedal position. Later ones are mounted inside the passenger's kick panel, and are inaccessible without modifying or removing the kick.

[email protected]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2001, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Re: Inertia switch

Thanks for the instructions guys

My switch looks like the bulky one, but there's so much junk up under the 86's dash that they stuck it just above the carpet line over and to the right of the tranny hump on the passenger's side. I slept much better knowing they wouldn't get her started last night. Tonight, being Friday night, the coil's coming inside.

BTW speaking as just one big guy I've got a healthy respect for people of all sizes, particularly all husbands, (especially armed ones that don't blink). What's theirs is theirs and they've got to feed, cloth, oil, lube and filter em' as well as listen to them chit chat.

Nick Lowe said it best on his album cover "seconds of pleasure". Myself I can't put up with never ending payments on something you can't return, comes with no guarantee and can leave with the best half of everything you own when it's tired of you.

Malcolm

post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2001, 08:12 PM
Journeyman

Re: Inertia switch

Steve83, yah Iknow about the inertia switch. We used to use that on my F-150 until someone, obviously familiar with how it works, stole the truck. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] I don't trust it anymore (as an anti-theft device).

Six,
Alimony = the screwing you get for the screwing you got. Been there, done that (and she got the t-shirt)

<font color=red>Pharaoh
Yah baby, That's right! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]</font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode