I might buy this.. Opinions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2001, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

I might buy this.. Opinions

Yea hey this board moves SLOOOW. Maybe If this truck works out ya'll will have another member to sit over here.
Anyways the truck is a 79 Bronco all homemade.
converted to leaf springs in the front.. All spring little 2" block in the rear. cammed out 400, dual 8K lb. Ramsey PTO winches, D44 front D60 rear both house 5.83 gears and detroits. C6/205 brand new 44's. guy wants 5K maybe I'll talk him down to 4K. who knows? Here is a pic or two...
http://www.geocities.com/mudboggintater/index.html

<font color=red>DIXIE On My Mind</font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2001, 01:25 AM
Mud in my Veins

Opinion

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww, duuuuuuude... I LOVE that stabbin' cabin carpet job.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Actually, it looks like a fairly well-built truck, with a LOT of extras - $4K sounds like a good price and $5K doesn't seem too bad either. Is it running & driving? Why is there an extension cord going to it - is there a continuous battery drain? Do the winches, lights, & sirens work?

[email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2001, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

Re: I might buy this.. Opinions

OHHHHHHHHHHH DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN I just laughed SO HARD!!!
Stabbin Cabin? OMG THAT IS THE FUNNEST [censored]. I said not so sarcastically that I liked the carpet, and he said it was left over from the HOUSE!! funny stuff. Stabbin Cabin...
Nah he has had it in the garage for about 2 years. Just now got the battery charged so I could go look at it. Yea it runs. GOOOD too. yea the winches and lights and pa and ems-fire-cop radio sold me. oh did i mention the police scanner? LOL yea they all work, has alot of siren options too. Enough that I could get in trouble over lol. has a 30 gallon hydraulic tank under the hood.
It is a well built truck. Has a few things that need to be done. He wants to put forklift hydraulic steering on it before he sells it. I politely declined the offer. thats a bit illegal and I'd rather not trust a hydro line for my life. stabbin cabin!! that carpet would be the FIRST to go... Line-X or something jeez what was he thinkin? The winches need cables and the rear one needs a crossover line and a diverter valve (or somethin) to the rear to hook it up. the front one works great. has mico locks and all. stout rig.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2001, 02:50 AM
Mud in my Veins

those are not small tires

pretty cool, you could probably sell that Whelen stuff on ebay if nothing else... to a volunteer fire guy. i know some of them and they like to play with the lights and noise-makers. (and drive fast) That thing looks like a river-fording MACHINE, get it! ;-)

I wouldn't pay more than $4K though, unless the engine is really something to be proud of, especially if it's just been sitting for a couple years

Your Toy is loaded huh? Does it have Power Engine?

<A HREF="http://www.arkansasmud.com/" target="_new">
ArkansasMud.com</A>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2001, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

He has over 3K just in receipts for that engine. My uncle did the heads and block work and he has known David for years. He was a volunteer fire-fighter. Now he is retired and custom builds Harley Davidson's. It already has the diff breathers built and all. It is actually a well set up machine to be built back in the day. It has a 477 lift cam 9.5:1 comp steel crank some expensive ass rods, pistons, and top end parts. I really just listened barely and gawked over the truck.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2001, 11:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Something like that up here in Atlantic Canada would go for about $7000-$8000 Canadian so... $4000-$5000 US sounds about right.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Just a note though.. never let someone get their money back on parts they have receipts for [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

'94 Bronco = my new pride and joy, can't wait for winter [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14-605648-bronco.jpg (11.2 KB, 4 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2001, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

I know, but the engine only has about 10K miles if that. He ain't too old to drive it just don't give a [censored] anymore. If it ain't a Harley he don't drive it. The truck hasn't really been sittin it has been driven like once a week around the neighborhood and then parked. He keeps it up.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2001, 02:31 PM

How exactly did he get those leaf springs on the front?

90 BRONCO Custom
6" Superlift w/Steering System
35x14.50 SSR's
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2001, 02:56 PM

Re: HOLY SH!T

Hell the rubber is worth $1000 Then the dual winches add another grand. I ain't much for the lights but I'd take everything else. Then you have some people who complain about 10 or 12mpg. Buy that and get 5mpg.

<font color=blue>Backyard Builder-If I ain't drivin it I'm under it!<font color=blue>
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2001, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Re: HOLY SH!T

He used regular shackles off of another truck I believe. I dunno. All I really looked at was the quality of how it was bilt and I noticed that the shackles are in the front. Those tires are BRAND NEW. If they have any miles I bet ain't over 100. It gets 6-7 mpg. And Groundhawgs are $350-$400 a piece.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode