Fun on a dirt road!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2001, 09:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Fun on a dirt road!!!

hey y'all,
I got some?'s & a hell of a story. Aight, What's the fastest y'all have ever been in your Bronco's? & How many times have y'all gotten 'em stuck?? O, here's tha story......I was goin down tha road & i seen a dirt road, & beenin tha 15 yr old male that i am, I wanted to c how fast i could go down it!! I was around 55 on a curve & the back end started to slide so i tapped tha brakes & it headed for the inbankment. I grabbed the wheel with both hands & got that Big Bad Bronco round that corner at 50, sideways!!! I went around tha corner & stopped(don't stop on dusty road with ALL windows down) I kept rollin & got back on the road. It rained & i went down Ol State rd. (VERY MUDDY, use to be cover by a river)Well I have a 85 Bronco w/ 31's, I got out & locked the hubbes, then I dropped that bad boy in 4wd lo & went through tha smallest mud hole i knew, no prob! SO i say screw it, I found tha biggest 1 i knew & started to go through it, Bout half way through & it started to sink in the mud & i felt the engine start to strain! It was stuck up to tha hub!! Luckily my friend was on the way so i just sat there till he got there with his 79 Toyota 4x4(33's, 4 in lift), Pulled me right out!
If my dad read this he'd sell my Bronco!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2001, 11:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Fun on a dirt road!!!

Yeha, sounds like fun, just keep it under control, I have gotten mine up to 90mph, but I think I have a real high geared rearend, so it takes FOREVER to get anywhere. As you can see in my sig. pic, I got stuck once, down in Port Aransas, TX it was real fun, to get the story just search for Port A, or Port Aransas, can't remember how I titled it. Then my Bro also put some pics on, don't remember thayt title either- maybe Port A pics, I don't know.

Tom

I won't tell your dad if you don't tell mine

Climb in, hold on, Lets rock and roll!
[email protected]#$%^&* open Diffs.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 01:32 AM
Mud in my Veins

1. I did about 85 one night on the Mexican border of AZ - long story, but I had to get back to the barracks in time for class the next morning.

2. More times than I care to remember, but there was this one time I accidentally drove over a cliff near the Mexican border of AZ & the 2 Chebbies that pulled me back up couldn't get it done before midnight...

BTW Next time you find yourself pulling more G's than the traction supports, steer OUT of the curve & give it a little gas. Watch a few flat-track midget races for more pointers.

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 06:59 AM

When I want speed I head for my VFR! Isn't very good on dirt or gravel but it will do 140+ on the road!

Havack!

The main difference in my truck and yours is your truck is a toy and my truck is a truck!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 04:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

comin done to school i have had my truck you to about 100. speedo was wrapped all the way so that the arrow just pointed to the floor. handled suprising well but it was still real scary.
btw- i have a 79 Bronco w/ true duals,headers, cam, alum intake, roller rockers, street advenger carb, and stock 3.50 gears. i dont think a stock bronco could wind up high enough(RPM's) to pull close to 100

<font color=blue> "Loofer" </font color=blue>
<font color=red>'88 Banshee</font color=red>
<font color=red>'79 Bronco</font color=red>
It is not about "WHAT" you ride, It is about "IF" you ride.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 05:30 PM

I know my stock '93 will do at least 100mph. It does take a bit to get there but it will go.

Havack!

The main difference in my truck and yours is your truck is a toy and my truck is a truck!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 06:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i got a couple stories of my own. i'm not sure the exact mph i was doing, but i've had the needle pointing straight down before. i have a 90 302 with 3.55 gears in the back and 31's. so with the speedo being off with the bigger tires than stock and all that i can probably do about 100 i guess. me and a buddy were messin around on an old dirt road once. one thing i love about this bronco is how easy it is to control. i had that thing fishtailing all the way down the trail, coming about half a foot away from a barbed wire fence on the way down. coming out i just floored it and hit some really big bumps. my friend said he looked back and i was gettin some air. lots more stories, but that was the craziest.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 06:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

oh yea i had mine up to about 90mph 1 day after school, I was playin around in the school parkin lot & I took my girl friend home! I had to be home in 30 min, I live 15 min away from my girl friend, I stayed at school for bout 10 min after school. Here ya go, School lets out at 3:20, I was there till 3:30, I took my girl home, 3:35(she lives 15 min from school at normal speeds), 3:45 i'm headin home w/ 5 min left! I got home with 1 min to spare!!!! 60mph through a 35mph zone, im glad i know some cops round here!!

post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 07:42 PM

Time to raise the flag on your story. Let us see you left school with twenty minutes until trouble time....five minutes later you were at your girl friends. A fifteen minute trip cut down to five. ok its possible at 90mph in a 30mph zone. Next, stayed for hugs and kisses for ten minutes, left her house for another quick ride. A second fifteen minute trip cut down to five this time by doing less than twice the legal. My math says you were five minutes late. 60 in a 35 is 71% faster, this amounted to it really taking you 10 minutes, you had five, thus five minutes late.

PS just funnin' on ya, but tell a story that is not quite so embelished next time.

Havack!

post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2001, 12:10 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Fun on a billboard!!!

"...not a liar - you just have a common and likeable tendency toward exaggeration."
. . . . . .Society from Cool Hand Luke

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode