OT - Hospital life sucks - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2001, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

OT - Hospital life sucks

Hey hows everyone doing? I crashed my plane just over a month ago (not a good scene) and a got to realize that hospitals are quite boring, although I did enjoy the sponge baths. But I am finally home and able to get around a bit. Now have an abundance of free time and no one to hassle me about why I didn't eat all my lunch (I wonder if the nurses would eat the crap). Anyways see y'all around later.

<font color=red>Pharaoh
Yah baby, That's right! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]</font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2001, 07:48 PM
Veteran

Re: OT - Hospital life sucks

Well its good to hear your OK! hope you recover soon, so you can get going on <font color=blue>THOR</font color=blue>!!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2001, 11:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What part(s) of you were broken in the crash?

Dangit, how many times have I told you, Broncos weren't made to fly!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Unless THOR will...

Tom

Climb in, hold on, Lets rock and roll!
Too bad I am not lucky...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 10:22 PM

Re: Better?

Sit back crack open a case of cold ones, and get better----PEACE-Bob

<font color=blue>Backyard Builder-If I ain't drivin it I'm under it!<font color=blue>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 12:28 PM

Re: Better?

Best of luck oon the recovery

I know how you feel, they're going in for another one of my discs next month or January. Last time, many moons ago at 29, it took me 4 months to learn how to walk again. This time, at 40, they tell me it's orthoscopic and won't be nearly as invasive. Here's hoping as I'm not as spry as I was back then.

T.G. for coverage and may he grant you a speedy and full recovery.

Malcolm

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2001, 11:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Pharoah,

Glad your still alive. I crashed a helicopter once, about 20 years ago. Walked away (good landing) still have resulting aches and pains. Get well.

Steve

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2001, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

Thanks everyone ... had to go back in for awhile. Should be good now. Had to rebreak my leg. It set up bad. Infected too.

I do have bragging rights tho. Far as I know, ain't no one ever hit a deer with a cessna before. (guessing) 6-point mule buck. Nailed him as I flared for landing. Not the most efficient way to hunt I must say. Enough meat left for a few sausages, maybe, but no more.

Next time I go to Edmonton, gonna pick up a scanner. Then I'll post some pics. Thor's too.

<font color=red>Pharaoh
Yah baby, That's right! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]</font color=red>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2001, 06:59 AM

I have seen deer hit as well as turkey sucked up when I was in Meridian MS. The Navy teaches its Junior Officers to be Fly boys there and in the fall we could lose a plane to a deer and a couple to ground turkey in the jet engine.

Havack!

The main difference in my truck and yours is your truck is a toy and my truck is a truck!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2001, 01:35 PM

Pharaoh

Glad to hear you're back out. I just scored the Epson 1250 Photo for my Sister for Christmas. It's great 1200 X 2400 dpi is about as good as you'll get for under $200.oo CDN. Got it at Futures Shop. Comes with a slide reading hand tool too.

Malcolm

post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2001, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

havack, Yah, our air force loses a plane every now and then to wildlife up north. Usually geese in the fall. A few years ago we had a CP-140 Aurora (close to your P-3 Orion) hit a moose up in the territories. Minor damage to the plane. When a Hornet sucks a goose up the intake 150ft off the deck, he doesn't stand a chance.

Six, Thanks I'll keep that one in mind when I'm out. Could be a while, tho, as I only have to shop for the wife for x-mas, she got everyone else for me.

<font color=red>Pharaoh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode