How do they know? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 03:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How do they know?

Watch out fellas. I found out that a man's vehicle is a posessive thing. I was thinking about (looking actually) getting a Super Duty w/the Powerstroke. Next day, the cast metal piece for the starter switch rod in the column broke. Couldn't start the truck, or shift into any gear. 10 hrs and $35 later , it's on the road.
This morning on my way to work, I was eyeing the F350 again...just before the rear diff grenaded on me. I either have to sell this thing fast, or rebuild the rear, and give up looking at other trucks.
I'll be on my back in the garage this Saturday...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 04:14 PM
broncoman

Re: How do they know?

Cranky isnt she? Must have a few miles on here then? New truck is big $$$ though but if ya have the cash . . .

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 05:16 PM
Mud in my Veins

Ron, it's good to hear from ya man, i was starting to wonder if you had parted ways with the earth during an Exploder test run or something!

Will FORD not give you a truck to drive around for "product testing" or something? Surely you could hook that up! I think they do behave as you stated, everytime I think about selling my truck it has a massive wave of breakage and then I realize I have too much money/time into her to trade her up.... and so it goes.

You thinkin about getting an auto or you gonna be a gear rower? Either way I think that would be a nice rig, if you can manage to forget about the payments while you're driving it

Your Toy is loaded huh? Does it have Power Engine?

<A HREF="http://www.arkansasmud.com/" target="_new">
ArkansasMud.com</A>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 06:14 PM

<font color=red>I feel your pain- As much as I want this new F250, I keep on thinking about how much I have helped her
$$$$$$$.----------I thought when she's on top that's less work for us guys, not in our cases.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]<font color=red>

<font color=blue>Backyard Builder-If I ain't drivin it I'm under it!<font color=blue>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 06:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had a similar experience a couple of months ago.....My in-take fuel pump went out and replaced it all by myself. I was so proud of myself. The day I finished with fixing it, the water pump sprung a huge hole. It was on this day I swore that I'd finally get rid of the 6,000 lb money pit. However, when I finished with the pump I had a change of heart. It's funny that when the problem happens I can be so furious but when I do the labor myself to fix it, it kinda brings me closer to the rig....It's really a beautiful thing. No wonder my girlfriend is jealous of the Bronc. This relationship may go sour when she brakes down again however.......I'm talking about the girlfriend, of course.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 07:28 PM

My Bronco reminds me of a good looking gal I used to date back in the day as they say.Man was she something to look at but high maintenance,and jealous.That rod in the steering column a major pita to get too,can I add tranny rebuild engine rebuild,antilock brakes,oil leaks etc, etc.But bamn she just looks so good.Not as bad as the 67 cuda I had where the lights would blink on and off anytime my girl friend got in the car and only when she got in the car,never could find a short.Finally started calling her christine.

Billy

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 08:03 PM
Mud in my Veins

RON !!!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Welcome back!!! Sorry about the unplanned maintenance[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img], but hey: you're driving a REAL vehicle. Look on the bright side - you could be driving a Hyundai or a minivan.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

[email protected]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 08:32 PM
Veteran

uh oh!!!

i better stop test drivin those asian crew-cabs.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 08:53 PM

Re: uh oh!!!

Go straight home and wash thy mouth out !!!!!!!!!!!

Asian crew cabs !, Sheesh !!!! and Shame !!!!!!!!

Ron-Bo

That's definately a sheila, that truck. Jealous and expensive. Guess it would be worth my while to get that column,with the keys still in it, out of the XLT in the nearby junkyard before the snow flys, eh ?

Good luck on the diff repair. Make sure when you're under her back end to whisper a few sweet nothings and cop a few feels to re-assure her she's still the one. Might save you a few bucks later.

Good hearing from you again

Malcolm

post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 08:59 PM
Veteran

Re: uh oh!!!

Sixlitre, believe me, if i could afFORD a F250 psd crew-cab, it would be first on my list. But its just TOO much $$$.
Besides, i need something my wife wont bitch about having to climb into[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] and a ranger is just NOT an option.
The toyo and the nissans will last 3 times as long as the ranger anyways![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

but i do plan on keeping thee ol bronc however...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode