Quick Help- Drive shaft balancing... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 06:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Quick Help- Drive shaft balancing...

Ok, I am getting a bad vibration from under my truck at around 70mph, I can feel it through the floor boards only, and so could the passenger. It also makes a squeeking sound that is faster than the tires are rotating, and so fast you can't here faster than approx. 35mph. They both stop when the truck stops. The drive shaft looks like there is a place where a weight was at one point in time... The drive shaft people want 45-48 bucks to balance. I believe this is my prob. Any other sugg. as I am taking the shaft in tomorrow at 8am if possible.

SBV1: The places I am looking at are: Austin drive train Inc. on Anderson Ln. and Hardin Drive Axle on Howard Lane. Any other places?...

Thanks all,
Tom

Climb in, hold on, Lets rock and roll!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 07:28 PM

Re: Quick Help- Drive shaft balancing...

Have em' check your U-joints and the inner yoke of the carden (double) U-joint joint.

Malcolm

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 11:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Quick Help- Drive shaft balancing...

Yeah my dad said it can wait to get it rebalanced, and we are going to replace the cardon and the u joints too. Hopefully my problem is solved.

Tom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 01:36 AM
Mud in my Veins

Drive shaft balancing

He said it CAN wait????? He's wrong. I'm about to have to rebuild my t-case after replacing all the u-joints (some twice). All of it was caused by the d-shaft being out of balance & shaking the $#!T out of the driveline - u-joints fragged, t-case bearings shot; CD's skipping... Never let anything go = if it needs to be fixed, fix it. Especially something as cheap & easy as balancing. The last time I had mine done, I drove to the shop, pulled the shaft in their parking lot, waited while it was balanced, & bolted it back in. Less than 2 hours & I was back on the road.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Why wait? It can't help, but it can sure hurt...

[email protected]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 06:22 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Drive shaft balancing

that's no joke either. the last time my CV on the rear driveshaft went nuts, it shook the t-case output shaft bearing to the point that now it whines and leaks fluid past the seal, not much but it's there and it shouldn't be. of course mine was BAD, to where i had to either go full throttle or no throttle, everything in between would shake so bad it would've literally fallen apart.

and from experience, if you don't spend a dollar to fix it today you will spend 5 dollars to fix it tomorrow....

Your Toy is loaded huh? Does it have Power Engine?

<A HREF="http://www.arkansasmud.com/" target="_new">
ArkansasMud.com</A>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 05:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Drive shaft balancing

If it does any of that stuff... since he is prompting me to wait... HE CAN PAY FOR IT!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Tom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode