Rad Hoses Again - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2001, 06:21 PM
broncoman

Rad Hoses Again

Went and got aftermarket upper and lower hoses for the bronco from gates. Seem like good quality but wasnt much cheaper than that from the factory. But upon closer inspection I need another hose that hookes up the final foot from the lower rad hose to the pump with a couple smaller hoses teed off of it to the oil cooler. No one makes this special item except ford and this special part cost $100 CDN. Does Ford got me the balls or is there another choice? Someone else with a late model bronco must have run into this part dilemma already. Mines a 95Bronco 5.8l

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2001, 07:21 PM

Re: Rad Hoses Again

I have a 1990 with a '96 5.8L I bought mine from advance auto. It wasn't $100 though. I'm gonna try to find the part# and price. I'll get back to ya!!-BOB

I'm back, thank God my wife keeps receipts here is the part# and the price in American. Part#-B71735 Cost-$36.99
This was bought last November 12,2000 at Advance Auto That's when I put this engine in. [WWW.advanceautoparts.com]
<font color=blue>Backyard Builder-If I ain't drivin it I'm under it!<font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 05:38 PM

Yes, mine is the same. I suppose this oil cooler was a part of the tow package?? Anyway, I went to Schucks auto parts here in the northwest and they listed the part, but I believe it was Gates as well because cost was about $75 USD, about what the dealer wanted. Fortunately, the dealer insisted I need not replace mine at this time, hose was still just fine.

The Juice, '95 Ford Bronco XLT, White, 5.8, E4OD, 4" Rancho, 35's, 4.10, ARB/LSD, lots else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 06:29 PM
Mud in my Veins

I have a 93 351 and I don't know what hose your are speaking of. I've pulled them off many times and haven't run into a $$ part like that. Is it only on a special tranny oil cooler?

Your Toy is loaded huh? Does it have Power Engine?

<A HREF="http://www.arkansasmud.com/" target="_new">
ArkansasMud.com</A>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 07:13 PM

Re: oil cooler hose

No muddy it's an engine oil cooler. It screws onto the block where the filter goes then you screw your filter on the cooler. It's a really tight squeeze unless you use a K&N filter like I got with a 13/16 nut on the end. I'm gonna take it off next spring. I don't tow anything so there is no need for it. I also don't like the fact that coolant flows through it instead of air!! Another bad ford design.

<font color=blue>Backyard Builder-If I ain't drivin it I'm under it!<font color=blue>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 07:48 PM

I actually like the design. Tight fit yes. Hopefully it actually provides some decent temp reduction. This design is or was also used on Fold Police Interceptor vehicles.

The Juice, '95 Ford Bronco XLT, White, 5.8, E4OD, 4" Rancho, 35's, 4.10, ARB/LSD, lots else
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 08:01 PM
Veteran

broncoman, did you specify you needed the lower for a 5.8 with a OPTIONAL oil cooler? Gates probably has it but you have to mention the option when buying it.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 08:23 PM
Mud in my Veins

Oil Cooler delete

I've never seen one, but I'm interested - whatcha gonna do with it when you rip it off??? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got pics?

[email protected]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 08:36 PM

Re: Oil Cooler delete

I'm gonna set in on my parts shelf unless you want it. I'll get a picture of it tomorrow if it don't rain. It'll be in my webshots site, 'cause I can't figure out how to change the size of the file so i can post it on here. ANY tips?????

post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 08:44 PM
Veteran

Re: Oil Cooler delete

Slikerthanyou, it really NOT a bad design, all med to lg size diesel engines have a water cooled oil cooler including the 7.3l IHC(basically a heat exchanger). Even my wives mazda MX-6 has one![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]I have also seen them on the new Cadillac Catera engine which probably means the Northstar eng.has it also.

The main advantage is not having to worry about a rotting high pressure oil hose bursting and loosing oil pressure, since im sure OEMs would never use a stainless steel braided hose because of the cost...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode