On-line used parts source? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

On-line used parts source?

Anyone know of a good used parts address on-line?
Not for my Bronco but my wifes Mazda(still in FORDS family of fine automobiles[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img])I need an AIRBAG control module for her car. The Dealer wants $300.00 for it. It bothers my wife Knowing that the air bag wont work should she get involved in an accident.GEEZ, i grew up riding in cars that didnt have seat belts.Theres only one scrap yard around here and they dont have many foreign cars. People in these parts stick with the American brands.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Thanks, Craig

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 08:33 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: On-line used parts source?

Check this post to dl my list of links. Most are for new parts suppliers, but some of them are used.

[email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

FOUND ONE!

Thanks steve but none of those are any good for a mazda[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]BUT i found a good source,(WWW.UNEEDAPART.COM). They dont actually have any parts but have a network of sources that respond to your request by E-mail or phone. I got three responses within a few hours, one has the module $45.00, Fully tested and Guaranteed for 90 days!

Check it out<font color=blue>HERE</font color=blue>...

WADDAYA THINK, Anyone ever changed one of these? i hope the Air-bag dont blow up in my face![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2001, 03:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: FOUND ONE!

Give Junk Yard Dog a try http://www.junkyarddog.com/ or maybe My parts shophttp://www.mypartshop.com/

Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2001, 06:01 PM
Beachcruiser

Try http://www.airbagcenter.com Been there a few times seems to cover alot.Good Luck

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2001, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Thanks guys some good spots for future reference, i checked out that air-bag center but they only have the bags ,i need the control module, it just decided one day to retire, no accident!
The thing that concerns me most is the haynes manual dont tell you crap about the system they just recommend taking it to the dealer cause its a safety issue. But my main concern is not knowing if there is a certain procedure to follow installing the damn thing so it dont deploy the bag.

That would be disastrous$$$.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2001, 01:48 AM
Mud in my Veins

Don\'t try this at home:

Yes, there is a special procedure, mostly involving ground wires, shorting plugs, and other anti-static measures up to the final point of making the connections. When you unplug the airbag from the exising module, make sure you, the vehicle, & the module are grounded and be prepared to short the plug to the airbag immediately. Also, make sure you stay clear of the airbag at all times in case it DOES deploy. Shorting across the airbag plug (like by jamming some aluminum foil in to connect the terminals) prevents there from being any voltage difference between the 2 wires, which would dissipate thru the airbag's fuse, possibly igniting the explosive. Keeping everything else grounded (double for safety) and using anti-static bags & mats keeps there from being any stray voltage to get onto the airbag wires. You should also temporarily short the module connector immediately before attaching the airbag connector to ensure there is no static on the module's circuitry.

But remember there's a reason Haynes doesn't discuss it - because it's dangerous & expensive if you aren't trained, so don't do it. (THAT's my disclaimer.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img])

[email protected]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2001, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Re: Don\'t try this at home:

thanks,i checked the local garage down the street, they`ll put it in for $80.00,let them risk getting smacked in the side of the head![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2001, 07:25 PM
Mud in my Veins

Risk

...but will they pay for a new airbag & install it if your used module blows it when they hook it up??????????????? Just food for thought...

[email protected]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2001, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Re: Risk

I had been pondering the thought that even if they set it off with the replacement will they blame it on the part i supplied also[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img], So what would you do, pay the dealer the $300.00?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode