Port Aransas - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 11:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Port Aransas

If you want to skip the story telling session then go straight to the bottom to see my question.

All right I just got back from Port A about 6 hours ago, and boy was it fun. I went with four of my buddies, and my brother in a total of 3 4x4's. I had the Bronco of course, One of my friends had a 85 F150 Explorer-with his dirt bike, and then there was a 95 jeep wrangler YJ. My friends left early to play on the beach before my bro and I got there- it was our beach house so they were sh!t out of luck when we didn't show up for 4 hours- Anyway me and my bro were taking our 16 foot jon boat down for some floundering when after about 50 miles, we realized the bearings were out on the pass. side wheel of the trailer, so we pulled into an Auto Zone. To make a longer story shorter, my dad drove down picked up the boat- after he ruined the bearings taking them off, then had to put them back on- and drove back. Anyway we were 4 hours behind schedule. When we finally arrived all of us went playin in the sand, soon the jeep got high centered, and the explorer over heated, and the bronco had to pull the jeep out, and I was the only one that brought water just in case. Anyway the next day we headed out to some dried up flats, where I soon got buried, the back tire was almost 3/4's of the way sunk, and the front tire was about 1/2! Anyway the explorer ended up pulling me out, and then we all parked to let our trucks cool down. And in the process of parking the jeep went through some weeds that were on solid ground and then hit some "quicksand" and the rear axle was buried along with the tailpipe- luckily he didn't shut off the jeep- I had to pull him out due to the fact I had the only tow rope. We ended up snapping the tow strap twice(bungee type) and decided to try the chain. From straight ahead the bronco was burying herself trying to get the jeep out, then we decided to try at a 45 degree angle from the jeep where we finally got him out. And yes I took pictures of the events but my question is:

What is the best FREE site to make a website for your pictures so I can post them?

Thanks,
Tom

I love Cops. They just don't like me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 01:49 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Port Aransas

sounds like a pretty typical offroad adventure with my friends... always FUBAR. If the pics are under 100K (in jpg format they should be, no prob) then you can go into the TEST FORUM (click on "main index" up top of this thread and you'll see it) and just start a thread and before you click "add post", attach a file at the bottom. you have to do it one at a time but it's probably the most reliable source you're going to find that doesn't cost money. plus there is no limit to the number that you can upload, as long as the server doesn't fill up (i'm starting to wonder about that... this server must have a mega hard drive array). Then you can just copy the link at the top of the post you make and use regular HTML on a web page or just do a {image} url {/image} except use square brackets, if you're just posting them on here.

got it?

JEEP, it's what's for dinner.

<A HREF="http://www.arkansasmud.com/" target="_new">
ArkansasMud.com</A>
Muddybronco
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 01:50 PM
Mud in my Veins

by the way, did you know that Aransas is just one letter away from Arkansas? truly amazing! 8-)

ArkansasMud.com</A>
Muddybronco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 05:07 PM
Veteran

Btw, where the heck is Port Aransas?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

interesting point Muddy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 10:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Broncomania, Port Aransas is on the Texas Gulf Coast with some of the best Speckled Trout and Redfish fishing in the Gulf.It is just east of Corpus Christi. Hey 86, where were you starting from? I am in Round Rock.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 11:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Port Arkansas

SBV1 check your Private Message, about 15 miles north... Also do you have hotmail instant messager?

Good point Muddy, I just wish that texas had some of them fire roads you got up there.

SBV1 that fishing is awesome, I love going floundering, but like I said @!#^#$W%$#&%#$$^ boat. I got so desperate that we went out with two mag lights, and four gigs, but there were no flounder close enough to shore.

Tom

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 11:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well I just tried the adding pics and it said couldn't do it because file was too big, so now I am looking for a website once again...

Tom

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 01:56 AM
Mud in my Veins

i guess you could use that place steve uses... photopoint or something like that... the pics come up in albums.. not sure if there's a file size limit. how big are these pics? (file size and actual dimensions?) i've had some big jpgs and they never went over 100k... i guess its worth a try to email them to me.. i can make them smaller or put them up on arkansasmud.com as they are, doesn't really matter. try one to [email protected] and see if it allows you to send one of that size. Send all of them if you want to, assuming it works.

ArkansasMud.com</A>
Muddybronco
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 02:06 AM
Mud in my Veins

webphotos

FREE http://www.webphotos.com/ FREE

The limit here FREE is (I think) 500Kb and they FREE preferr JPEG's. FREE Did I mention FREE that it's free? FREE [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[email protected]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 06:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: webphotos

Well I am trying as I speak to upload pics on to
http://www.picturetrail.com so they should be available in the next week Thanks for evetything

TOm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode