86 no longer shakin,finally! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2001, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

86 no longer shakin,finally!

Well i got my truck out of the shop today(finally found a shop that gives a [email protected]#T, unlike the shops in miami) and they said all four tires were way out of balance. I just had those new tires and rims installed about 3 months ago. TIRE KINGDOM YOU SUCK!!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
They also did my alignment since i installed all new tie-rods, and checked my ball-joints and axle pivot bushings and they informed me their in good shape! Surprised me since they are the originals w/140K[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].My bill was $56.60 and im riding smooth and straight for once![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2001, 09:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 86 no longer shakin,finally!

Bronco, I went 205 on the right ball joints and 215 on the left ball joints. 215 on the steering box and power steering pump. You will know it when the ball joints go. Hit the brakes at speed and it will want to make a turn in the direction of the bad ball joint.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

BTW, whats about the average mileage on a TTB before they DO start going bad? I was hoping they wer`nt because im just renting the house i am in temporarily and dont think the landlord nor the neighbors would like the idea of doing a major repair job like ball-joints in the driveway.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 02:09 PM
Mud in my Veins

dunno, i have 130k on the ticker and have replaced everything you mentioned. next on the list is radius arm bushings, but i have to grind off my welds to do it, so realistically i will probably have a solid axle up there before i get around to the bushings. Something really ain't right up there right now. Whenever the right tire goes up on something or hits a big hole, i get a hard contact jolt, like a bushing is totally missing and metal hits metal, but I can't find it. There is only about 1/16" of gap between the right axle beam end and the skyjacker bracket, so that might be it, but another guy has the same lift and similar clearance and isn't having problems. I'm thinking it might be the radarm bushings, but I dunno. Off road is a freaking nightmare, it sounds like front axle is just gonna fall out of the truck. My steering is screwy too, and I think they are related. I've also got a bad highway shake, and besides my out of round BFGs, i think this problem might be contributing too. You gotta love ford front ends.

JEEP, it's what's for dinner.

<A HREF="http://www.arkansasmud.com/" target="_new">
ArkansasMud.com</A>
Muddybronco
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 04:24 PM
broncoman

Its hard to tell if the radius arm bushing is shot just by looking at it. I just replaced the drivers side bushing on my 95 with some poly units and just had a inclination that it may be bad. On removal it was totally gone. Same when I did the passenger one. Before replacement they just look like they may off alignment a bit but you get the real story when they are off. Ive got to do the pass one again with poly units this time. Major improv. going to the poly, cheaper than the ford rubber ones and hopefully last a lot longer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode