Off Roading Forums banner

1986 bronco owners.... efi

471 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
those of u with 1986 efi bronco, or 85 for those few efi owners, do u know if you have a knock sensor, and if so, where is it located. i am rebuilding a 1986 motor to replace my 1988 motor i hydrolocked, and as i am currently assmebling the motor, i just realized, no boss for where the sensor was located on the block, behind the intake manifold. any help, would be greatly appreciated, as i am sitting here with my rebuild engine, not knowing what to do.

Dominic

"MUD BUCKET" 1984 bronco, 88 302, 32x11.5 , I am at screen name iskybantilus on instant messenger.

G
#4 ·
Re: KS

yea, i was gonna try taht steve, but it looked like an odd thread. cast iron is always fun to drill and tap though ;) .... i might just drill a hole and epoxy it in there, in which case prolly buy a new sensor, for like 30 bucks. i have the lower intake off the 86, so i might just chekc that too, i didnt even think of looking there. it has to be the same thread, cause according to car parts.com, same part number.

again, thanks guys

dominic

"MUD BUCKET" 1984 bronco, 88 302, 32x11.5 , I am at screen name iskybantilus on instant messenger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.