Hey Steve! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 11:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Steve!

Hey, I was checking out your pics. First off you do some nice work. Second do you still have the switches and covers for the drivers side window and locks? also what else would I need to complete ABS on my '86 besides your rear end?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 06:43 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Hey Steve!

Thanks!
Yes.
A lot of wiring, an 4WABS computer, a pump motor/valve assembly, all new brake lines (only for the bends & length - not special tubing), an acceleration sensor, steering knuckles with sensors & calipers, hubs with tone rings, and a LOT of time and patience. I'm still missing 1 caliper, knuckles & sensors, hubs, wiring, and time.

If you need a good rear axle, look at that '88 8.8 3.55LS ABS.

Steve
83 Custom w/95 4.9L EFI, 78 NP435, 83 NP208, 83 D44IFS 3.07, 87 Ford 8.8ABS 3.08, Michelin LTX AT 31x10.50R15
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 08:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Let\'s talk.

So how much for the switches, and also where did you find the cup holder? I've been looking to do something about my cup tossers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 08:47 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Let\'s talk.

When I was trying to convert to power windows (right after the rollover), I couldn't find the switches or bezels in junkyards, so I went to a few dealers (Ford parts - before anyone gets cute!). The <font color=red>ONLY</font color=red> thing they said was still available (then) was the driver's switch for $35... so I bought one. Then, like a month later, I found a few in junkyards.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Then I converted to the later model door panels, so now I have ALL the spares I collected and the new one. They all work, but some look rougher than others.

<font color=blue>THE POINT</font color=blue> is; how good is good enough for you? You can have the new one for $30, or an older one for $15-10 (depending on condition). The passenger window and lock switches are $10-7. The bezels are each the same as the corresponding switch - I don't have any bezels with even one broken switch-retaining clip.

The cupholders are SpillMasters (maybe "Twin"???) from Wal-Mart - $8 for the pair and the little storage thing between. I cut and stained the wood to fit the console, attached the cupholders, and screwed metal circles (as weight) on the bottom, and put a strip of closed-cell foam weatherstripping around the edge to keep it in place. It's never dumped a drink, even the 64oz SuperGiantMegaThirstBusterAttack cups.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] But I also thought about cutting the cuptossers out and pushing a deeper cup into the holes like some new vehicles have - this would allow them to be cleaned occasionally... Nah! They'd never get cleaned.

Steve
83 Custom w/95 4.9L EFI, 78 NP435, 83 NP208, 83 D44IFS 3.07, 87 Ford 8.8ABS 3.08, Michelin LTX AT 31x10.50R15
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 08:57 PM

Re: Let\'s talk. 8.8 with Limited slip

If I may but in----- how much for the 8.8 you have steve or is it gone. I may buy it if the price is right!

Backyard Builder-If I ain't drivin it I'm under it!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 09:05 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: 8.8 with Limited slip

When I was shopping for the one I'm running, I couldn't find one for less than $750 with all the stuff this one has. So I'll sell this one for $350+shipping to a member ($500+ to anyone else), or keep it for a spare.

Steve
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 09:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Let\'s talk.

I guess I'll have to look closer at my local Wal-Marts. I've looked once and all that I could find was the kind that are the over the hump kind and the ones that hang on the window slots. I tried getting the switches from my Ford dealer and they wanted $85 just for the lock switch. I just found out about a new graveyard that I haven't been to yet. I love a good excuse to rumage around in junkyards. If I don't find anything then I will be snacthing those up.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 09:18 PM

That's cool gonna talk to the wife make sure we have the $$$ she handles that part or I would spend it all on my bronco!. I just spent $3000 on my engine and things. But that would complete it. Maybe if I get her something real nice for v-day It'll be alright. I'll get back to ya by this time tomorrow. THANKS

Backyard Builder-If I ain't drivin it I'm under it!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 09:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i just saw the door locks and window motors and kits in jc whitney and they were about 50 bucks a peice. they were in the truck only catalog. so i figure about 100 bucks and everything is power

89 Bronco XLT, V8 302, superwinch hubs, 31x10.50 trailhandlers
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 11:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Trick Gauges?????

Where are these "Gauge pics" that I keep hearing folks talk about? I have tried to check out your home page but for some reason it errors out on me every time I try. If that is where they are, maybe you could POST a few here???????....(:

Grizzly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode