lowering - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 12:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

lowering

would it be a good idea to lower my bronco? she will be driven mostly on road. i was thinking about 2" coil springs and 3" leaf springs or hangers but i am on a $200 budget.
i need an alignment so i want to do this before i get one...

92' Ford Bronco, 351, all black bumpers and grille, 2/3 lowering 93' lightning rims and engine mods coming soon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 12:59 AM
Mud in my Veins

Oh, jeez...

This is NOT a question or topic you should bring up on THIS billboard - the name of this site is "OFF-ROAD.com": If we don't like the stock height, we go UP. You've heard of "Don't ask - don't tell"? Well, if you do this to your truck, don't mention it here and don't post pics showing it.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]That way we can all stay friends. Otherwise you may end up here.

Steve
83 Custom w/95 4.9L EFI, 78 NP435, 83 NP208, 83 D44IFS 3.07, 87 Ford 8.8ABS 3.08, Michelin LTX AT 31x10.50R15
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 01:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Oh, jeez...

Okay,
I have to say that the Suburban and Expedition on that site, Steve, looked pretty good. I liked the way that they looked. The other ones were terrible looking, and I don't get at all. But, the Suburban and Expedtion were nice. However. Lowering a 4x4 Bronco? What's up with that? I have nooo idea why you would want to do that, dude. Do that Bronco justice and put a lift kit on it.
-mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 02:24 AM
Mud in my Veins

Here we go! Down the slippery slope!

In reference to the Expedition, I have to admit that I've wondered how those air shock systems the lowriders use to make their cars jump would do on a 4x that needed to get over a rock, out of a mudhole, or act as an anchor for winching... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Steve
83 Custom w/95 4.9L EFI, 78 NP435, 83 NP208, 83 D44IFS 3.07, 87 Ford 8.8ABS 3.08, Michelin LTX AT 31x10.50R15
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 09:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: lowering

n mind, I was too mean
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 12:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: lowering

Steve,
In case you thought I was referring to that stupid ass dancing Expedition, I was not! (lol) Nah, it is the black Expedition, and the red Tahoe that I think look good. Laters.
-mike

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 12:37 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Air Suspension

Yeah, I was imagining a Bronco/Jeep/etc. with some monster meats and a heavily scarred paint job in that position on a trail - lifting a tire over a boulder or crevasse. It seems like it would do wonders for an otherwise stock suspension.

Steve
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 01:45 PM
Mud in my Veins

Lots of rock crawlers have airbags and hydraulics to help them flex. There's even an older suburban on 6 foot tall tractor tires lifting one of them several feet in the air in the March/01 Off Road Mag on page 91. It looks very odd until you realize what's going on. I've been disappointed with that magazine lately, though..it's mainly just show trucks and even some street trucks. Kinda sad...like that TNN Trucks! show.

It's a Jeep thing? My Bronco thing will run over your little Jeep thing.

Muddybronco
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 01:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hell yeah, that TNN show sucks ass bigtime. And Off-road used to be cool as sh!t. I have backissues 5 years old that are filled with so much more content than these new ones. A few months back I was in a hurry, and I stopped in to grab a mag, saw one of those mags and bought it. Turns out all they were centering on was "2 wheel drive off road trucks". I mean give me a ****in break! What kinda off road truck is two wheel drive. Made me sick, and I doubt I'll waste my money on that mag again.
-mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode