Speed Density to Mass Air - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 10:43 PM
Posts: n/a
Speed Density to Mass Air

Hi, I just joined, this BBS rocks! My question is that I have a 1970 Bronco but I am putting in a 5.8l out of a 1994 Bronco. The 5.8 will be hooked up to an AOD-E/W, instead of the E4OD that was originally behind it (the E4OD won't fit in my Bronco and I can't get the adaptor for that). Anyways, the EEC-IV is speed density and I want to run mass air. What is the cheapest way to go, the Ford Motorsport kit or piecing it together? If I piece it together do I need to worry about matching mass air sensor to the injector sizes (what size are my injectors, by the way?) if I piece it together. What computer is the best to use? I am going to use a Baumann Engineering computer for the tranny, so should I get one of the mustang manual computers or one of an automatic? Any help appreciated. Oh yeah, have any of you and experience with the Baumann computer? Also should I change the intake to single throttle body size or can it stay double? Thanks for any info.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 07:14 AM
Posts: n/a
Re: Speed Density to Mass Air

You can plan on spending about $600 for a Motorsport mass-air conversion kit. It comes with an overlay harness to convert from bank to bank to sequential injection, an EEC module calibrated for the stock 18 lb/hr injectors, a mass air meter, and the adapter to go to the air box.
You can price out the pieces at a junk yard and compare to new. If you plan on going to the larger injectors, you may need to get your meter recalibrated to accomodate them.
I have a single orifice on my throttle body that I converted from the twin throttle body that is standard. You will have to fabricate your own brackets to hold the cables in the proper orientation to the TB cam. You can get larger than stock throttle bodies through Summit, or PAW. Plan on another $300 or so.
No experience with a trans module.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 05:16 PM
Posts: n/a
Re: Speed Density to Mass Air

If I part it out, what am I looking for? As in what computer (A9L, X3Z, etc.)? Which throttle body and mass ait sensor(Cobra, GT)? Thanks for the previous response.

Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome