Exhaust - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 04:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Exhaust

I just bought a 95 with the 302 engine. I want to put some type of performance exhuast on for more power and sound. Im looking at the Bassani and Borla cat back systems or I might buy a Flowmaster muffler and have a custom system made. Anyone have any reccomendations?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 07:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Exhaust

The exhaust will give more sound than power. I personally like the Borlas best, but they're pricey.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 09:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I take my '91 to a guy who professionaly builds high performance race cars and he'll put nothing but Dynomax in. They give great power and sound awesome. If you put a 3" Dynomax in you won't be disappointed.....Woody

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 10:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Didn't you loose some torque with the 3 inch pipe?? I am also looking at an exaust system but have been told to stick with the stock 2.5 and no larger than 2.75.

Denver
94bronco
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 09:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Maybe if I had a 302 but mine is a 351. The guy who put my exhaust in is a professional race car builder so I'll take his word for it.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 10:13 PM

I have a vortex cat-back system with duals 2.5" and 18" chrome extenders. Sounds awesome and seems to have alittle more balls. I paid $300 for mine custom made. I wouldn't change a thing. Well maybe put headers on if i ever get that far.

Backyard Builder
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 10:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah guys, it's really quite simple. I said this a while back, but for those who weren't on the board b4....
A smaller exhaust will make more torque, while a larger exhaust will make more horsepower.
On mine, I decided to run 2 1/4's on some super comp's, because I didn't want to lose the low end grunt that I need to move my 39's. With the resistence to air comparable to a brick, I suggest that you don't run anything bigger than a 2 1/2, or you're gonna be winding it for power, and quite possibly have some sick sounding back pressure.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 12:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah, I've got that back pressure thing going on right now! Thought I could get away with 2 1/2 all the way back, however I was wrong.

Besides replacing the whole system what can I do to change this problem? Add another muffler? I hate to cut and replace, cause it cost around $350.00 to put in?

1989 bronco...100 and something thousand miles...351...C6
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 01:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What Dynomax muffler do you reccomend? Super turbo or Ultra flow.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 01:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Does anyone have any experiance with Bassani products. They seem like a good company but I dont hear much about them. And who makes the Vortex muffler that someone mentioned? I'v never heard of them. Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode