Flowmaster Schmomaster - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 01:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Flowmaster Schmomaster

I got my Flowmaster series 50 in from Summit on Friday. I pulled the stock muffler out and basically destroyed it in the process. I try to fit up the Flowmaster and... I don't think so. Not only was it too fat, but the off-sets were not even close. There is no way to make it work. So I was a little pissed. It's the part number that Flowmaster's web page said would fit my Bronco. I have a 1996, 351, with 2.5 inch pipe. The number it called for is 52557 and that's what I have. This isn't the first time that Flowmaster's application guide proved to be worthless for me. I ordered a set for my dad's Corvette and the offsets were wrong and we had to send them back to get the right offset.

Right now I'm not running a muffler, just the cats. It actually sounds really good like that. I was thinking about just installing a small turbo muffler or maybe even a glass pack to knock down the interior noise. Just thought I'd let you guys know how much fun I had over the weekend. Any comments/suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 05:36 PM

Re: Flowmaster Schmomaster

Thump

Sounds like you had yourself a case of of what used to be called "mail order blues". I had the same problem from Jacobs last Spring. Went to the trouble and expense of ordering an extra long 26" coil wire from Jacobs and the cretans packed a 26" plug wire with the wrong terminal end for the coil. In fairness they did send me an alternator pulley I neither ordered or wanted, with it.

My experience with exhausts is "it ain't fun without a hoist" and if someone local can do it, instead of you, so much the better. The other tip is do what you're doing and ask others what worked and what didn't. There's a kid with his own Bronco page who has a couple of decent pictures of a Gibson dual system that exits to the sides rather than the rear, so you won't have to breathe it in through the back window, just the poor unfortunate Civic owners to the left and right of you back a car length in traffic.

I think his website is titled Dustin's something Bronco, try a search.

Good luck, it's exhausting isn't it ?

Malcolm

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 09:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Flowmaster Schmomaster

i know the feelin dude, the same thing happened to my dad when he baought the flowmaster kit for his bronco. just call up flowmaster and they'll direct you to the local dealer and they'll fix it for free. the flowmaster people are super cool and super nice to deal with, id deal with them anytime-- good luck

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode