Please help what can I do????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 02:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Please help what can I do?????

ok i AM POSTING FOLR A FRIEND WHO JUST BOUGHT A 90 EDIEBAUER BRONCO FROM A BLACK DUDE, ITS GOT REALY BIG FLASHY CHROME RIMS ( i means these are like ghetto, mex fabulus the kinda rims you see in one of those lowrider mags) ON IT I THINK THEY ARE 17" I'M NOT SURE THEY ARE 17 OR 20" BUT THEY LOOK KINDA INTERESTING, HE BOUGHT IT FOR ONLY 1500 SO HE GOT A DEAL, BUT MY QUESTION IS WHAT CAN HE KEEP THESE RIMS AND STILL HAVE THE OFFROADING CAPABILITIES? IF THEY ARE 20" WHAT KINDA TIRES COULD HE GET AND LIFT AND COULD HE STILL GO OFF ROADING???
sAME QUESTION AS IF THEY WERE 17'S This is his first car so he really needs some input. Alot of people like the look, but he still wants to capability of going offroading.
Thnx for your help in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 11:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Please help what can I do?????

There are a couple of tires out there for a 17" wheel that will work off the road. The Ford Expedition comes with a 17" wheel. Don't expect anything agressive. If it is a 20" wheel, good luck. I recommend a 15" wheel.

Eric

If it ain't broke, I can probably still fix it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 01:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Your friend is probably better off taking those rims down to the neighborhood where he bought the bronco and selling them,then taking the money from the sale and buying wheels and tires that are made for off roading.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 01:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What can you do?
First, you can start by keeping your bigotry to yourself. What significance is it that you bought it from a “Black Dude” many European-Americans, i.e. “white dudes” do the same modifications.
Second, limit the use of all capital letters. It is hard to read & signifies yelling.
Third, use spell check, your spelling is atrocious!!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 03:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, ok Im sorry FrozenBronco, for that statement you thought was bigotry,I am by no means prejudice, it was not at all meant to sound as such a way. And also I am sorry for the caps I didnt know that was a real big deal.

I will be talking to my firend again later on this week, to tell him what you guys said. Ok, lets say those rims are 17" what kind of tires and what kind of lift would be good for the off-roading experiences, as well as daily driving? How many inches in lift would you recommened and brand of tires. If they are 20" I know he will probably try to sell them, since there is no tires that will permit him to go off road with. But thnank you for your help and please give me some input if possible.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 06:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

SNOOP572,
Hey dude, its NOT that big of deal. I had NO idea that ALL CAPS meant YELLING. UNFORTUNATELY, I have YET to read the CAPS DICTIONARY for the COMMON PERSON. Does that mean that everytime I say "I", that I am yelling???? EEEYYYYEE!, lol...oh, on the "black dude" thing, I...oops....i...can understand how some peeps can get offended, but it's not like ya called him a n*^#@*. Geez Louise (does that mean that I am yelling the first letter of a sentence too?), you didn't even imply that it was "the bad side of town".....someone else did that. You were just defining the type of rims that were on the truck. As some black people buy rims that some white people would not, I think it is a fine way to help describe the way the type of rims is on the truck presently...(and u should sell em where u got em)...so, to frozenb, get a freakin life dude. There was no racist connotations. While your "many crackers make the same modifications" stats may be off a little, who f*&%in cares???

post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 09:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Im just an ol country boy so on the racist [censored], uhhh who cares. Anyway, sell the rims regardless or not if they are 17 or 20. I just think that if they look like what you are describing them as, they are the high chrome type with an outlandish design. These prolly wouldnt do on a Bronco!!!! So get ya some eagle 589's or some MT Classic II's. Like Broncosaurus said, sell em where ya bought it. OHHH, I prefer to be called a honky or jst plain white trash will be fine thank you.

Mooseykat
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2000, 12:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Some of you seem to have a problem, when your statements are construed as having racial overtones you get defensive. While in fact you’ve just been called out.
I’ll take a card-carrying bullhorn-using member of any supremacist organization (Aryan Brotherhood, Islamic Ji-Haad, Ku Klux Klan & others to numerous to list here) at least their views are up front. That I can respect. But when someone say’s something that is stereotypical racially derived and then hid behind some tired statement that no racial connotations were meant. Well I take offense.
Broncosaurus you are correct he did not say "the bad side of town". Here in Anchorage “the bad side of town” is equally racially diversified. Take the information on the all caps issue put it down as a lesson learned. And no it does not apply to when the caps are used in the grammatically correct way. Furthermore, in the earlier part of the 20th , people of African descendants considered themselves lucky to be called Negro over Ni**er, the 50’s it was colored, what that meant is beyond comprehension, the 60’s black, that didn’t apply as most of them had different skin hues. Now it’s African-American, a little better as most can trace some ancestry back to Africa. As most people who are Caucasian can trace some ancestry back to Europe. For the record I never called anyone a cracker. I said European-Americans, as in Americans with ancestry coming from European countries. My grandmother wasn’t considered good enough to be white, because she was Italian.
Now for those of you who want to be called “honky or jst plain white trash” (you’re spelling) that’s your choice.
The rims could have been defined by saying that they were of the wide chrome variety used on some dropped vehicles. I believe I saw the same type of wheels used on TNN show “Trucks”.
As for a life I have one it’s posting to news groups educating inbreed bigots on the proper use of e-mail and bulletin boards.

So endth the lesson

Never argue with an idiot, bystanders will have a hard time figuring who's the bigger idiot.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2000, 01:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well said FROZEN

ew...ew, who's next! Can't we all just get along?!

"internet toughguys, can't talk em' down and can't put the hurt on em'"

post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2000, 06:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ok Frozen Bronco, I really dont know what your problem is, seems that you have some kind of insecurity with race going on or something, Why'd you have to give me the whole history talk??? I was just simply rationalizing the point of where I bought them and who I bought them from, Ok so me saying that I bought them from a black dude is wrong? Does that make me a racist person, Well let em tell you. my friend who I am referring to with the Bronco is Black (please dont get mad i said he's black), and he doesnt know alot about off roading stuff, so he asked me to look on the web for him to find out what he can do to it to get it working like he wants. And im not the one getting defensive, I'm just making a point to say that i didnt make any kind of bigot statement, i'm not racist, and I am not ignorant, or an idiot. But however you see it thats fine. But I apologized for my comment that offended some people so why are you still on it???? and to the cracker/white trash thing, I dont call anyone outside their name, and I dont like being referred to as anything outside my name with examples such as those. Here is a pic of the rims that are on the truck, and they are 17's
http://www.kronixwheels.com/images/bio1.jpg
Now dont get me wrong they kinda look good on the Bronco, its different but they look pretty good, its stock height, but if he chose to keep these rims which are 17" what tires would you guys recommened, and how many lifts inches?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14-286945-biohazardwheel.jpg (6.5 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode