superwinch hubs?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2000, 08:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

superwinch hubs??

i just bought my 89 bronco and there is superwinch locking hubs on the front. are these good hubs? i am relativly new to all this so can u guys fill me in. thanks rob

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2000, 01:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: superwinch hubs??

I have read good reviews on superwinch stuff. I have a set of warns myself only becouse i could get them cheaper. MY friend loves the superwinch hubs and recommends them highly!

Beat that sucker into submission!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2000, 06:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks i was just wondering because none of my friends run them so i didnt have any opionions

89 Bronco XLT, V8 302, superwinch hubs, 31x10.50 trailhandlers, and many more mods to come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 07:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I went to the local 4x4 shop and asked for a set of Warn's and he talked me into a set of Superwinch. He's seen what I do to trucks and says it's a better hub. They are more expensive.

82 CJ-7, 97 TJ Sport, 90 Bronco
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 10:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I lost the driver side auto hub yesterday and started calling around this morning looking for Warn hubs. Local auto parts store actually had a set of Superwinch hubs in stock - $100.00. The Warn's cost $80.00 plus the conversion kit $40.00 or $120.00 total. According to the parts store I don't need a conversion kit for the Superwinch. Seems like this is the better (and less-expensive) way to go?

Kent
'96 Bronco XLT
O J Simpson White

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 03:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

running warn hubs and no probs to complain about.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 05:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Went ahead and got the Superwinch hubs since they were in stock. Turns out the guy at the auto parts store mis-quoted the price - they were only $69.95. And - no conversion kit required. The instructions are ambiguous at best, you may as well just throw them out. The Bronco maint book was pointless as well. We wound up removing the OEM auto locking hubs and guts down to the spindle nut, putting the three thrust washers back in, then installing the Superwinch hubs. Once you get past the first snap ring, everything just falls right out. Used the pick tool of a swiss army knife, a screwdriver to hold it stationary and a feeler gage to get under it once I picked it out. We then crossed our fingers, took a deep breath and went out for a test run. Everything worked fine. No more clunking, whirring, grating or other nasty sounds from the front end anymore. Positively delighted with the results! So for about $70.00 - it's all over.

'96 Bronco XLT 5.8 w/HD suspension
OJ Simpson White

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode