89 bronco info - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2000, 08:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

89 bronco info

i just bought a 89 full size bronco with a 302. i was wondering if there is anything thats wrong with this year truck? is there any benefits of an 89 over any other year? what size lift would i need to run 35" bfg mud-terrains? thanks for any and all info rob

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2000, 09:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 89 bronco info

1. do a search for "lifts" or "35 inch tires" and it'll show you all the info. you need!
2. change to WARN manual hubs
3. check/change all fluids and filters

good luck

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 12:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Congrats on your Bronco purchase! I have a 1991 Bronco XLT. I recently installed a 4" Superlift suspension lift and have enohgh room for my new 35" Goodyear MT/R tires as well. However, if you are going to be doing some serious off-roading, you might run into some rubbing of the tires if you only have a 4 inch lift and 35" tires. I have had no problems with mine!
If you would like to see before and after pics, check out my site at superford.org.
Good Luck!

Check out my 1991 Ford Bronco XLT -
http://www.superford.org/cgi-bin/sf....&vr2=1&ID=1139
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 06:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey thanks for the replies. my bronco already has superwinch manual locking hubs. any good? i am wanting to do some serious off-roading. i am thinking like a suspension lift of about 5 or 6 inches in the future but a couple of other stuff comes first like radiator, heater core, thermostat, and ac unit, and also so minor rust repair. but after that comes the fun stuff like lift, tires, system, and lights. thanks rob

89 Bronco XLT, V8 302, superwinch hubs, 31x10.50 trailhandlers, and many more mods to come!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2000, 01:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have the superwinch hubs on my 82 bronco, and I haven't had any problems with them. When it comes time to make any mods, make sure to ask the people here at the board. If you're thinking of making any mods that you have any questions about I'd ask someone here first. Chances are someone on this board has had the same problems as you and they are very helpful. Gool luck with your new truck, and happy trails

post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2000, 06:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well i was thinking about lifting my truck for 35's but now i am having doubts because i like the power it has now and i really dont have the money to regear and all that stuff to gain back the lost power with the bigger meats. now i am thinking about leaving it stock height or a 2 or 3 inch lift with either 31 or 32 inch bfg muds. i think the tourque would be much more useful to me than the clearance. i do like woods riding but the mud is a heck of alot more plentiful around here and is very sticky so im not sure what to do. but i will have many more questions for u guys to answer in the future. thanks rob

89 Bronco XLT, V8 302, superwinch hubs, 31x10.50 trailhandlers, and many more mods to come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode