Rear Bumper? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2000, 02:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rear Bumper?

Does anyone know where I can buy a cool rear bumper? I'd like one in black. A tubular one with a 2" receiver hitch would be cool, but I'll take all recommendations. Let me know?

K-9
1996 Bronco XLT
4" Superlift
35" General Grabber MT's on 15x10 Daytonas
Ex-Jeeper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2000, 02:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Rear Bumper?

http://www.feyautomotive.com/

This place makes some cool bumpers. I think you can order them from your local NAPA or from Summit racing.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2000, 04:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I too am iterested in a nice stout bumper, but I want one with a swing away tire carrier/higlift carrier. Kennesaw Mtn. Accessories makes a nice one, but I've only heard bad things about them so I'm a little leary. anyone else know of a manufacturer that makes a STRONG swing away tire bumper that can hold 35" tires and take abuse??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2000, 05:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What bad things have you heard about Kennesaw Mtn. Accessories, I am planning to purchase a front bumper from them. If you know of a reason why I shouldn't please let me know too.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2000, 07:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have heard from several people on the net, can't remember where, but I will surf a little tonight to see If I can look up where, that it just took entirely too long to receive. I'm talking about months, not weeks. They also stated that the although very heavy duty, the craftmanship was poor. I don't know anyone who owns anything made by KMA so I don't know how credible these accounts are. I beleive one of the people who had a complaint was on this board you might want to do a search. I'll see if I can find out the websites of the people who said this and post them for you. Even if I didn't hear bad things about KMA I still wouldn't want to limit my options to just one manufacturer.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2000, 10:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have heard horrible things about KMA. A guy on the Bronco mailing list ordered a bumper and they have been lying to him about it for several months now. Once someone there said that the bumper was done and ready to go and a month later he had learned it wasnt even started yet. I hear they are also very rude. Another guy I know ordered a bumper and it took them 3 months to get it sent. Do yourself a favor and dont buy from them. Seek out a custom fabricator who can build exactly what you want for a reasonable price. That way, not only will you have a nice bumper, but you will own the only one of its kind.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2000, 11:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

This doesn't have anything to do with the bumper, but I'm curious how much you paid for those Daytona's. I'm lookin' to buy some new wheels for my '95 but I want steel and relatively cheap. Or just relatively cheap.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2000, 11:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I want to thank you for your help, I will continue searching for a better place to get a heavy duty bumper. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am looking for a sturdy / stout front & rear bumper for a 92 Bronco. I am planning on installing lights & a winch to both the front & the back bumpers. Thanks again!

post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2000, 11:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

DrtyFrank,

The Daytonas are black steel that look just like the AR767's or the Rock Crawlers. The only difference is that the Daytonas have one little red strip around the lip instead of red & blue. I picked them up from Tyres International on-line at www.Tyres1.com for about $47.00/each. The price is no different than a set of AR767's. I ordered them because of the stripe thing.

K-9
1996 Bronco XLT
4" Superlift
35" General Grabber MT's on 15x10 Daytonas
Ex-Jeeper
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2000, 04:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I live right next to the place. Do you think that I would have a problem get products out of them, even if I didn't have to have them deliver it?

If you want, I could go down there and raise some hell about some orders yall have put in and haven't gotten yet =) . Just a thought

Timothy

Taking pride in what most take for granted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode