where is oil sender switch on '90 351 V8? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 02:40 PM
Posts: n/a
where is oil sender switch on \'90 351 V8?

I have a 1990 Ford Bronco with 351 V8. A few days ago, the oil pressure guage started hitting the red when the engine is at idle below 1000 rpm (only when engine is warmed up). I want to change the oil sending switch before I change the oil pump. I can't find it... Does anyone know where it is???? Has anyone had this problem before??? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2000, 12:18 PM
Posts: n/a
Re: where is oil sender switch on \'90 351 V8?

The switch is on the drivers side of the engine block. It will be in front of the oil filter. It easy an easy fix. There is a special socket for it that you can pick up at most auto parts stores.

Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome