1996 Bronco question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2000, 08:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

1996 Bronco question

Hello all,
I'm new to this board and have a question. Does anyone know if they made any 96' Bronco's XLT or EB with a 5 speed manual trannie? I sold my 79' Bronco 4 speed and bought a Jeep GC. (slight mistake on the JGC) So I've been looking for a 96' for about 2 months now with a 5 speed manual and I can't find anything worth looking at, just 3 but both were base model's (XL) with nothing in them, not even AC and they were about 1000 miles from me and had about 80,000 miles on all 3. I have my choice of automatic's but that's not what I'm really looking for and I don't just want to settle for an automatic. I've looked at most of the auto site's and I can find and anything. If anyone know's of any good sites for searching for bronco's for sale could you let me know or point me in the right direction. I'm in NJ but I'm willing to travel to get the bronco I'm looking for.

Thanks
BTW I'm giving the JGC to my wife and going back to a FORD..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2000, 08:44 PM
Old Hand

Re: 1996 Bronco question

First, welcome to the board, I'm sure you will find much info here in the future. To answer your question, I don't think they made Broncos 5 speed in 96, only in the trucks. I'm not sure the exact year they stopped using manual tannies, but I think it was the late 80's Hope this helps.

John
Red 89 Ranger 4x4, 2" lift
Dad's Red 97 Chevy 2500 H.D.
Grandpop's Tan 85 F-150 "tanbuddy"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2000, 10:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

John,
I don't know for sure about all Bronco's, but I was shopping for 94-96 EBs and XLTs at the beginning of this year. Looked at/drove about 8, all autos.

96' 351 Windsor
Ric Cuenca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2000, 10:48 PM
Mud in my Veins

I've never thought about that but come to think of it I haven't seen a newer bronco with a 5sp, but I do know a guy with a 96 F150 with one. That's kinda odd. You could always switch, but to me that's a pain in the ass...and hacking holes in a 96 kinda sucks. Kelly's Bluebook has it as an option all the way to 96 but that could be wrong.

It's a Jeep thing? My Bronco thing will run over your Jeep thing.

Muddybronco
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2000, 08:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I drove many 94-96 broncos when buying mine, autos and 4 speed only, never saw a 5 speed.

Denver
94bronco
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2000, 10:36 AM
broncoman

Im sure there is a 5 speed available in the late model broncos at least up to 95 model. I still have my brochure and Im sure you can get one but with the 5.0L only. not available with the 5.8L. Usually broncos were ordered with a fairly full load because it was an upscale vehicle at its time. Seems to be the way it was, at least up here at the dealerships.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2000, 04:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for the welcome to the group, I have found a couple of XL's with a manual transmition, just not many. I found one about an hour ago and here are the specs on it -
(1996 Ford Bronco Red 2 Door. Engine: 5.8L V8 GAS. Transmission: 5 Speed Manual. Body Style: Special. Drive Train: 4-Wheel Drive. Assembled in United States).
Now I'm waiting to hear back from them on the options on this one but it's probably just a base XL and it's about 150 miles from me. I just want something with power accessories with the 5 speed. I'll keep looking thanks for the replies.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode