Soft top thanks - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2000, 09:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Soft top thanks

I just want to thank NHMuddRunner and technoman for their info on the Skyler soft top. I ordered it, and it rocks! It was easy to install, it looks dope and the technical support was friendly and informative. I love going topless when it's hot out! Ha ha!

Spike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2000, 11:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Soft top thanks

Hey Spike: Was that top truly a bolt on? I was thinking about getting one this summer for my 82. Did you have any problems with it? It sounds like you like it but give us the info, thanks.

Mudd

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]If it's stuck, force it! If it break's,it needed replacing anyway!!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2000, 06:29 AM

Do you think I could get one even if I have a roll bar that extends to the rear tire wells?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 11:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am going to get a Skylar Top.. its more expensive then the Rest.. BUT it has a FRAME that you bolt on in using factory bolts, it uses VELCRO instead of Snaps.. (Better seal.... the Military Hummers use a velcro soft top... works GREAT, doesn't leak).

Also This top WILL not be able to be used in you have a Wheel well attached roll Bar... You can get a Soft Canopy top. K-BAR-S has them and so does Jeffs Bronco Graveyard.... These have a support frame and it looks like your hard top....

Uzi... Yamaha Sleds, Honda Bikes, and Ford Trucks
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 12:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Shovel: The top we were talking about is from Skyler- check it out a www.Skylercorp.com. I don't belive that it will work with a roll bar as it fits like a bed cover on a pickup and fits flat on the "bed" section of your bronc.

Mudd

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]If it's stuck, force it! If it break's,it needed replacing anyway!!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 07:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The only "permanent" part about the top was that the velcro for the tail sticks on; there's no holes to drill, just 5 rails to bolt on. In fact, they supply new bolts, 'cause the stock one's are VERY long , and probably a bit oxidized on most of our trucks. They say to treat the seams with Scotch-Guard (which I heard is being recalled, as it's carcinogenic). I treated the seam at the bend, and after a LUDICROUS amount of heavy rain in MA, those threads didn't wick. I did get a bit of moisture from the seams around the window (a drop or two fell when I shut the door and the top shook), but I've treated those seams and it should be cool. On my '90, I can run the top with the rear seat folded, or folded and tumbled to make lots of space in back. Either way, I can tear off the top and stow it and I'm back to a 5-seater. Kids love the back when the top's off! I would recommend a small amp, at least, if you're running around with your top off, but that's just my thing. So, in summary, no real problems, Mudd.

Spike
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 09:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Spike: Thanks for the info on that top. Sounds like a quality unit. s I said I am considering one for my 82 and it's nice to get first hand info on the product from someone with similiar needs and demands as what I will put on it.
All I can say is "I love having a place to pass info back and forth with people with similiar interests."

Mudd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode