Filling FUEL TANK VERY SLOW HELP!!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2000, 10:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Filling FUEL TANK VERY SLOW HELP!!!!!

Help... I went wheeling the other day in my 86 Bronco... and now its TAKES forever to fill the tank... 1/2 gallon then wait 30 seconds.. 1/2 gallon.. wait.. etc.. Yucky... Whats up with that???? could I have crushed something when I Jarred the truck? How do these tanks Vent? could that line be clogged?

Please HELP !!

Uzi... Yamaha Sleds, Honda Bikes, and Ford Trucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2000, 10:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Filling FUEL TANK VERY SLOW HELP!!!!!

If it happened once it chould be the fuel nozzel. I've had it where the dork before me dropped it and bent the tip just enough to tick off the sensor. If it happened a few times what I do is pull the nozzel out an inch or two and try again, rotating it a bit sometimes helps. Could be a kink in the filler hose. My Jeep has a very short filler hose and it does the same thing. I just get used to filling it up funny.

82 CJ-7, 97 TJ Sport, 90 Bronco
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2000, 01:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Like the previous post said, try another pump. If the problem remains, check to see if you wedged something on the fill tube between the cap and the tank. I think this is a rubber hose, could be metal, anyway, it could get crunched since there is little protection on the inside of the quarter panel.

Anyway, I'm suggesting this from memory but I'd look at the fill pipe.

- Dan

99 4Runner (wifes grocery getter)
88 Bronco ** SOLD **
01 TJ Arriving in August
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2000, 02:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

01 TJ soon!!! Congrats on a great off-road machine. Feel free to ask any questions. My 97 is fairly built up and my main off-road toy. Did ya get the Dana-44 w/3.73's or the solor yellow paint job??

82 CJ-7, 97 TJ Sport, 90 Bronco
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2000, 06:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm fairly certain I sold my Bronco yesterday. I need to get a smog and he needs to bring a check and its a done deal. I'll miss it but it was financially in the way of a TJ.

The 01 TJ Order isn't confirmed yet, but it will be a Sport - Solar yellow dual top, dana 44, 5 speed w/ AC. If I order now I should see it mid august -- about 10 weeks without an offroad machine Gives me time to save up for the mods. Once the order is confirmed, I'll need to make some quick decisions on the a lift. Can't decide on the R/E 4.5 or the R/E Extreme... It will be my daily driver (I hope) so I won't need to drive my little commuter.

Anyway, I'll stop talkin bout jeeps on the Ford Board. Can't compare a FS Bronco w/ a TJ. Won't try. Two different beasts. Wish I could have both but for now I want a small trail rig. C-ya on the SWBJP board.

99 4Runner (wifes grocery getter)
88 Bronco ** SOLD **
01 TJ Arriving in August
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2000, 12:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had a similar problem in my 86. When I had to change the tank, I found the filler hose between the tank and the cap was dry rotten. I think it was collapsing. Replaced it, make sure it is on correctly. There is only one way for them to go on.....

headers on a 6 banger
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2000, 08:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I figured out the REAL reason its filling slow... Today I cut a hole, yes a hole in my bed of my bronco... there is a Valve that VENTS the tank... I took it out.. went to Fill up... WORKS Awesome... so until I get a new Valve, I just remove it EVERY time I fill up....no big deal...

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 11:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mine's done this since I've had it. It has a new tank that's about a year old. Where exactly is this valve?

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 01:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Scott,

Its located top middle of the Tank... my truck is an 1986.. a vacuum line hose runs up to the emmission crap... its only $7

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode