Need help with wiring - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:30 AM
JWimberley

Need help with wiring

Somebody broke into my '83 Bronco and stole my battery. When they did it, they cut my cables and pulled a lot of stuff loose. Now that I have every thing back in place I must have missed something because I can't seem to get power to the truck.

I'm not sure if I might have shorted out the voltage regulator or If I just have some wires crossed somewhere. If you have pics of your battery to voltage regulator and regulator to alternator I would be very appreciative for the help!

Thanks,
Joshua
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 01:31 AM
83FS

the answer to you wiring problems

hey man, i have an 83 bronco and my wiring to the alternator was meesed up to. i spent months trying to figure it out, every wiring diagram in the world wont help you. save yourself the headach. gm makes a 1 wire alternator and they make adapters for ford. go to a performance shop, not csk or autozone, and ask for a 1 wire alternator for an 83 ford bronco. it will prolly be chrome, itll have hook up for field and ground, ignore them, run like an 8 guage wire from the positive post on the alt, directly to the positive turminal on your battery. then get you 8mm socket ready, rip that darn regulator off and throw it in the trash. then you can capp off i think it was like 3 wires that you wont be needing anymore. dont forget to hook up your ignition wire, its a fat wire i think its yellow, maybe red, to the pos post on your started relay. now you can hook up lights, sound system, wutever, and you dont have a headache. let me know if it works for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode