F250 4" lift and 35" tires - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 12:38 PM
96f250

F250 4\" lift and 35\" tires

Hi, I'm new here. I know you see this question all the time
but I would like to clear up some conflicting advice.
I have a '96 F250 4x4 w/ 7.3L turbo diesel. Currently I have 265/75/16 tires on 7" wheels. I believe I have 4.10 gears.
I am planning to get a 4" lift and have heard conflicting answers as to if 35" tires will rub or not. I don't want to do any trimming. would I be better off with 33s?
I don't want to have to re-gear if possible.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 04:24 PM

Re: F250 4\" lift and 35\" tires

i am by no means a truck person but i will tell you what i have maybe it will help. i have a 1980 bronco with a 4"lift and other mods but running stock diff gears think they are 3:10 or whatever not the point anyways i am running 36X12.5R15 i am running with no real problems. to fit my tires i have just the fenders inside and replaced with plastic but you don't wish to do that. the tires should fit i have about 4-5" of clearance from top or tire to fender. if you put the 35" tires on it should be ok. the differential gears will be just fine that i know for sure. most bronco guys are looking for the axels you have in your truck when doing axel swaps. if you have smaller then the 410 gear you may loose a little mpg but you may anyways.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 10:28 AM
96f250

Re: F250 4\" lift and 35\" tires

Thanks for the info. It helps to get another opinion. The more information I have the better decision I can make.
I was thinking I would be ok with the setup I described but I was hearing conflicting stories from some people and that gave me some reason to doubt.
I think I will go ahead with the 35s"
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 12:27 PM

i have a 4" lift on my bronco with 35.12.50 MT 10" wheels its close to rub my front finder but it don't the look is great go with the 35s.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 03:07 PM

tire sizes

I have a F150 4x4 with only long-travel and leveling blocks, and my 33s fit quite neatly. I haven't gotten to do any real playing yet, but so far I havent had any rub at all. If you have a 4" lift, 35s will definitely fit with minimal rub, but i would be pretty hard-pressed to go any bigger than 37s or 38s.

hope this helps,
Reamer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode