'93 Bronco Issues - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 01:43 PM
ramtuff101

\'93 Bronco Issues

I have the following issues with a '93 351 auto Bronco. The 4x4 diff does not engage with the switch on the dashboard. Is there a motor on the diff itself that may the issue? Is there any troubleshooting procedures to narrow the problem down? As far as I can tell, the fuses for it are all good.

In the last two weeks, the engine has developed a high idle - 1700 rpms at all times. I checked the hoses on the engine; there was one at the front of the intake manifold that was sheared off; I replaced it and several others that were showing age wear. Also, the green and white plastic hoses coming out of coil module snapped and I patched them with rubber hose to mend that. This dropped the idle from 1900 to 1700 rpm, but not down to the expected idle.

I just dropped $2K at the Ford dealership getting the emissions systems back up to snuf. Any ideas to keep the costs of this down would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2006, 01:09 PM

Re: \'93 Bronco Issues

[ QUOTE ]
The 4x4 diff does not engage with the switch on the dashboard. Is there a motor on the diff itself that may the issue? Is there any troubleshooting procedures to narrow the problem down? As far as I can tell, the fuses for it are all good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes there is a motor on the transfer case best thing I've found to do is get a buddy to sit in your truck while you crawl under it and have him engage the 4x4 if you dont here the motor engage unbolt it from the Tcase and have him hit the switvh again if it dont move then you either have a bad motor or a bad switch there was a post awhile back that told you how to hot wire the motor to see if it was bad. If you cant find it go to a junk yard grab a switch only like 5 bucks and swap it ouyt and see if that fixes it if it dosent its more than liokely the motor.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 08:31 PM
kbear

Thanks guys. I have problems simular and hope this will help! All I Know is that the 4wheel drive isn't working. I just bought the Bronco so I havent much time to dig into it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 04:34 PM
bobstrat

i just went through the high idle thing
with my 90. the plenum gasket was shot.
i pulled codes for both the tps and iac
but it was actually the gasket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode