Body Repair help please - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Body Repair help please

Im in the process of fixing all the crap that was done WROPNG on my bronco by it last owner after getting the quater panles welded on I went to tackle the pin holes up near the drip rails well after chunking out all the bondo (and there was alot) I ended up cutting my drip rails back about 2 inches due to them being totaly rusted out. My new problem is that this area is SO DAMN PAPER thin that my welder burns right through on the lowest setting. Does anyone make a repair panel for this area or am I going to have to Fab up my own??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2006, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Re: Body Repair help please

well i ended up cutting out all the rusty metal (man was there alot) and iun my search for something to weld in to the whole that wouldnt burn through so quickly I discovered 2 things 1. Computer cases are exactly the same thickness metal that was up there and theres a brand of Wire for your welder thats called Davids Twenty Guage Powder Core wire NO BURN THROUGH picked up some of this cut an old case I had laying around and welded it up in there and it looks almost as good as new Still need to put some Filler in there just to make it smooth as glass (not the greatest welder)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode