Lift Kits & Shocks - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 09:28 AM
rouserbronco

Lift Kits & Shocks

I have a 96' Bronco and im going to put a 4" lift kit on it are there any suggestions of what type of lift kit I should get for example block or shock and leaf. Also is there a certain brand I should go for. After the lift I will be putting on new shocks for my truck is there a certain type and brand I should get. I am moderate off-roader.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 03:56 AM

Re: Lift Kits & Shocks

Rancho makes a good kit. I'm partial to Bilstein shocks. Expensive but worth it. Blocks are a last option IMO. I've learned from personal experience that you can add a leaf or 2 from an F150 pack to get the lift you want. You can get an entire set of leaf packs here at the local pick n pull for around 70 bucks. half that on half price day. A shackle flip will also yield you around 4" of lift. I'm currently using a shackle flip with sky hangers AND 2 leafs added from an F150 pack for about 8" of lift. So far it's worked out great. Personally I'd add the leafs and then do the flip later if you wanted/needed more. The stock hanger setup is more stable IMO. I'd also keep my eye open for guys doing a solid axle swap and see if you couldn't buy there kit and save alot of money while you are at it. Check the adds here: http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/index.php
POR also has a good classified section: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 08:59 PM

Norm hit the nail on the head. The Rancho 4 inch kit is awesome. Shock preference is totaly up to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 12:12 PM
Enthusiast

I of course had a 4" rancho on my 81' bronco and I thought it was the best for fitment etc...just would get new rear leafs and not do the add aleaf. I had a superlift 6" and it didnt fit correctly so had problems getting it all put on, I would not get there stuff only the rear leafs fit right and were good. I had problems with skyjacker extended brake lines on a 6" lift also and had to get procomp lines which were real good, no more problems with them. Which means I wouldnt buy skyjacker stuff now either because there brake lines $uck. I also wouldnt buy procomp components other than brake lines and there shocks which are really rancho shock with procomp name on [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I have heard good stuff about dick cepek stuff though...

Todd
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 10:16 AM

Stock brakelines will work on a 4" lift. Here's Todd's kit on my truck!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 09:37 AM

Pic didnt work. We can forget BDS, NO ONE beats that warranty.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 11:39 PM

supermotors doesn't seem to be working lately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode