Looking for 12" Lift for 93 F250 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 10:22 PM
Big Lift

Looking for 12\" Lift for 93 F250

I cant find a lift bigger than 6 inches for a 93 F250. I need a big enough lift for 42" super swampers. I think a 12" lift would be perfect, but im having trouble finding one. Do they make them that big for my truck? If so, where can i find one? Any comments would be very helpful.

Thanx,
The ford Guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 10:04 AM

Re: Looking for 12\" Lift for 93 F250

Anything can be done but why? At that height you will be so tippy the truck will be worthless. Show trucks suck.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 01:38 PM

Ditto. Plus, 42s on a TTB wont last long. And yea, show trucks suck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 08:55 PM

I think those came with a solid D50. I could be wrong though.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 09:04 PM

OK. I'll pull myself out of wheelin mode and post how I'd do a 12" lift (yuck!)

First for the rear axle do a shackle flip. this will net you around 4". Then buy the 6" lift leafs. I don't like blocks but a 2" block would finish it off but if you want big bling then buy/make some hangers which will drop the leafs down lower. This would be better than blocks.

Up front you are limited. If it is a TTB don't even go there. convert to a solid axle. If it has a solid axle like I believe it does then You will have to either buy custom 12" leafs (Yuck! They won't budge at all!) I'd convert to coils, get some long arms and combine it with some drop radius arm brackets. You could fab all kinds of different setups. I don't think I'd actually go with 12" coils. Go with 8" and use spacers or better yet fab some lower mounts that will put the coils higher by 4". Since you are asking this question I'd highly recomend having a good fabrication shop put it together for you. Copy this post and show it to the guy and take his advice from there. Make sure he comes recomended. You don't want to hokey doke this **** at 12".
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Enthusiast

I believe the F250 has front leafs? If so just make sure its a solid axle as you dont want to go that kind of height with IFS, hence why most are only 6". If you do have IFS do the SAS then just get re-arched springs for the required height from say Alcan or National Spring. I got my 12" springs from Alcan out of Colorado. Then now your talking pinion anlge needs to be changed for the drive shaft angle, drive shafts will most likely be to short, brake lines to short, steering angles all wrong...etc..etc..I most likely will not wheel my truck of course maybe up a dirt road to get a christmas tree or something... (pavement princess 99.9% of the time [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) but have a 98 wrangler for that which I wouldnt go over a 6" to clear 35" tires if I were to wheel it. It currently has a 3" tera flex with 32" tires which works well.

Todd
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 01:04 AM

I didn't mean no disrespect to pavement princesses Todd! I can't be dissin' you. You've been my biggest patron! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] BTW. The F350 main leafs kicked serious ass. Thnx again!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Enthusiast

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Im glad the leafs work, thanx for the u-bolts and plates... Im still working on getting the front of the 67' set up but got all the 85' finally tore apart for more room to put all the 67' pieces. Will yank that motor and trans here shortly to get to the front end.. Hows everything going?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode