New tires, beginning of BIG project... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

New tires, beginning of BIG project...

Got the new tires on today. 22x12.50R15 Firestone Destination M/Ts...so far they are awesome and a heck of alot better than the Dueler M/Ts I had before. Can barely even hear them.

Over the past week we have been preparing for the paint and body. Took off the rear bumper, bedliner, toolbox, fender molding, side body molding, and put the new cowl hood on. Should start sanding Monday. I will do my best to update with pics as each step goes by.

Plans are: do all body work and paint the truck 2003 Ford Toreador Red. Body shop will do the new door handles and door pins and bushings. Get it back and then the new headlights, grille, chrome bezels, tailights, mirrors, rear bumper, tailgate cables, emblems and spray on bedliner go in.

Trying to get done by Masters Week, first week in April.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 12:34 AM

Re: New tires, beginning of BIG project...

22s?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

My bad, I meant 33x12.50s....hey it was late last night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 03:01 PM

i am running the same size i am curious what larger tire can you run on an 80 bronco. i have dana 60's 8inch lift and 10 inches of travel on my truck. looking to go a bit bigger. is it easier to get wider , i know you can just let out tire pressure to get wider the fender well have been rolled in to mke more room. just wnat to know with out much mre work what tire can i stick on here
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am running the same size i am curious what larger tire can you run on an 80 bronco. i have dana 60's 8inch lift and 10 inches of travel on my truck. looking to go a bit bigger. is it easier to get wider , i know you can just let out tire pressure to get wider the fender well have been rolled in to mke more room. just wnat to know with out much mre work what tire can i stick on here

[/ QUOTE ]
Without seeing any pics I'd say with 8" of lift you could mount 38s and wheel it without problems. Bigger if you cut into the fenders. Don't lift it any more than it is. Skyjackers are stupid. With the Rear D60 I wouldn't go any bigger than a 38" tire without upgrading the axles in it. I think they can be upgraded to 35 splines in which you would obviously have to buy a new differential that would support the axle shafts. Who did you buy the truck off of? The front D60 can go up to arround 40s and be plenty strong but IMO if you wanted bigger than that you really need to consider aftermarket axles and ujoints. I like to overbuild everything. It's no fun being the guy holding the whole group up because his rig is broke. My .02. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 09:46 PM

it has a custom drive axel , it is running an aluminum drive shaft. it isn't running any skyjackers. it was bought of a dealership that never looked at it and wanted it gone. it was lifted running a 302 with edlebrock carb, intake, heads and valves. it is running ,i presume stock, a 4-spd stick running a granny and 2 3 and overdrive . 4th only works if going faster then 75-80. i love the long travel i desided to abuse it a little and hit aa 45 deg angle got all 4 off the ground and it landed half bounced once and ride smooth after that

here is the picture

i know it doesn't look big but it is running large tires, larger then it says on this site that it can. i think i said 35x12.5
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Thats the smallest 8 inch lift I have ever seen, and I wanna see the proof of the 10 inches of wheel travel. Also, did they just tell you it has Dana 60s or are you certain of that?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 11:16 PM

like i said that is a picture from my porch looking down. the truck sits about 34-36" off the ground. i know the 10 inches from the guage we have. ok not a guage but a ramp and height guide. there is over 6inches between the top of the tireand the bottom of the fender so it maybe 6" but the tires stop when they hit the body not the axel.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 06:18 PM

Are you sure those are D60s? They look like 5 lug wheels.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

I was also thinking the same thing.

Do us a favor and get a picture on level ground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode