D70 u-bolts and perches (85- F350) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

D70 u-bolts and perches (85- F350)

Anyone have any U-bolts or perches for a D70 out of 85 laying around. Im sure different years work but my leafs are 3" wide..

Thanx,
Todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 06:13 PM

Re: D70 u-bolts and perches (85- F350)

Wow! I haven't heard from you in a long long time. How are you doing man? I don't have any U bolts. I upgraded to 5/8s bolts which I bought from Johns Spring Service there in Reno. I'd say any perches would work. They'll bend them to any length you need. You could get some Dodge perches from Summit for cheap too. They're 2.5" perches but I haven't had a problem with 1/4" overlapping on either side on mine. How's the F350 coming? Take Care and I'd love to hear from you. I'm in Dayton now. NORM
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Hey, been busy now have a kid whos going on 8mths old and all that good stuff [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The F350 is going slow now with the family stuff.... then house projects etc..etc.. I actually need the U-bolt plates and u-bolts for the D70. I have the WAR300, 3" perches. The thing is Im just using them till I change the D70 out to a D60 and then tossing them so hate to buy some...

http://www.tellico4x4.com/catalog/pr...oducts_id/6196

here is the most recent with the F350

Hows everything going with you?

Todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 10:18 AM

I can pull some plates off of a F250 when I go to pick n pull in a few days. I've got to get some leafs for my front pack. I bent a main leaf last time out so I'm thinking of using an F250 rear main leaf (I'm running the rear leafs up front off of the parts truck you gave me now) for a little added stability. I don't know if you've seen my truck in awhile but the short story is that it's got a D60 front welded, 14 bolt rear Detroit w/ 4.10 gearing running on 38s. I just keep wrenching on it and it becomes a better wheeler each time I take it out. I'm going to be lowering it a little bit and cutting into sheet metal very soon. Congratulations on the family. Me and the wife still have no little one but we keep hoping. Take Care Zack and keep in touch! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Let me know if you need the F250 spring plates.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

You have done alot of changes on the bronco [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] yea, if you do head over to pick and pull would you yank me a set of u-bolt plates and u-bolts from a D70 (I think there all 3" wide plates for the 3" springs?) Hey, I also have the old set of stock leafs off my 85' F350 fronts and rears if you want them?

Todd
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 12:54 PM

It sounds like a deal. I doubt this will be the last time I mix and match my leafs. I know you know it's a bad practice reusing Ubolts. That being said. This is only the second time I've retorqued my 5/8s bolts. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Grabbing those plates for you is the least I can do after all the help you've given me. Did you see my article in Bronco Driver Magazine? I added my thanx to you there also in widely circulated print. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] PM me your phone # again so that I know all the old info is current.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode