MY FIRST FORD - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 10:59 AM
BIG305CAL

MY FIRST FORD

1884 BRONCO im buying it off my friend, the body looks pretty decent (even the paint) but there is the 2 upper pillar rusts on each side im hoping someone sells that peice to replace. the seats need a lil attention but its pretty decent, oh the engine leaks my friend said its the rear main seal. he has the gasket for it and knows a shop that will do it for $200, only other thing is it had a lil hard time starting. we tried with a small battery he had ...no go then we just tried his fathers truck battery and after a couple tries it turned off(it hasnt ben started in almost a month). so he put it in rev. and it stopped... but started up and he drove it around the block when it got back i guess after the "Warmup" it sounded pretty damn good, no pings,no knocks, nothing..

im most likly going to buy it next monday for only $550!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but what im worried about is, the rear main seal what does it mean? like if it needs replacing wouldnt something else need replacing also? do main seals normally go out on these trucks? oh btw its a 351ci

and last question i promise lol is there a website you guys know of that sells parts? because im tired of going to jcwhitney.com [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] lol

sorry for the bad quality pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1479593-2221693_1_full.jpg (57.1 KB, 22 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 11:55 AM
BIG305CAL

Re: MY FIRST FORD

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 10:53 PM

For 550 its a steal. If you are tired of JC Whitney try Jeff's Bronco Graveyard or go to lmctruck.com and order yourself a free catalog for your truck. They are awesome- have alot of parts and everything I have ordered from them has been at the door in three days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 12:25 AM
BIG305CAL

JUST ORDERED THERE CATALOG [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] THANKS

I PICK UP THE BRONCO NEXT TUESDAY!...STEP NUMBER ONE WHATS THE BIGGEST SIZE TIRES I CAN FIT ON THIS THING? LOL IT HAS 33S IN THE FRONT AND 35S IN THE BACK BUT I THINK 35S WILL FIT UP FRONT BWAHAHA LOL WE'RE GONNA HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 10:23 PM

35s WILL NOT fit stock without trimming. Save the time and energy and dont even try...it aint happening.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 12:13 PM
BIG305CAL

trimming u say? lol

what would it need, 4 lift kit? it has 35s in back and they just look alot better then the 33s up front
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 09:09 PM

Well yea, they ARE two inches bigger.

A 4 inch lift would fit 35s real good. Or you could run them with a 3 inch body lift, suspension lift being the better of the two.

By trimming, I mean trimming some of the fenders to accomidate the bigger tires.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 12:16 AM
BIG305CAL

suspension lift it is [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] not soon but in the near future..

thanks for your help i will post more pics when i get it here
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 06:56 PM

Good choice, glad we could help, just post the pics of the finished product!!!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 03:44 PM

For 550 I'd cut the hell out of it but it sounds like your going to street resto it. Welcome to the board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode