EFI stroker - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

EFI stroker

I recently purchased another bronco. This time it's a non-running 93 with a 351. The crank bearing's bad so I'm rebuilding it before I drop it back in. I'm wanting to stroke it out to a 408, but right now I'm on a budget. Do I need to get the MAF conversion to run a stroker? I'm also thinking about upgrading to an E303 cam. I know I won't see as big of gains without the MAF conversion, but will I at least be able to drive it until I can add the MAF on?? Also anything else that you think I might need to know, feel free to let me know what you've all experienced.

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 02:06 PM
kemicalburns

Re: EFI stroker

you will either need MAF and a tune or a lightning ECU and a Tweecer tune for it to work. the E303 cam is not what you want to use either its meant for a mustang not your bronco.
call compCam for a recommendation. what heads were you going to use.? how about intake?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

I've been wanting to get a Tweecer or something similar, as soon as I can get the $$ together. I've got a set of ported OE sbf heads (had them on a flow bench flowing slightly more than a GT40P head) SS valves, dual springs, titianium locks/retainers. I've got to run a stock intake for now. I may end up making a custom upper if I ever decide to add a turbo or 2 down the road. I've also got an AODominator (supposed to handle 750+ HP) in my 89 bronco that I'm going to end up using. I also have a 6" superlift with superrunner steering and 18" aluminum wheels that I'll be adding once I pay off the motor and buy some 35s or 36s. Anyone have any sugestions as far as tuners like the Tweecer. Also, if anyone needs any parts from my 89, let me know what you need.

Rob
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

I think I've decided to just get the MAF and Tweecer, but I have another question. If I'm swapping in the AOD out of my 89, am I going to have problems with my computer, by taking the trans out of the loop?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 09:08 PM

Is the AOD controlled electronically? Maybe AODE or E40D. The tweecer program will allow you to turn off tranny control or better yet adjust shift points.-Bob
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

I just picked up a long block out of a 96 lightning yesterday that I'll be swapping into my truck. My AOD is not electronicaly controlled at all. Has anyone used a Tweecer or something similar? Anyone know where to find some ligntning guys I can ask for some advice?? Also, has anyone converted to MAF without buying the whole kit? I'd like to get the conversion done for less than the $600 for the kit, and I'm not affraid to do some work for it. ANY help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know where to find some ligntning guys I can ask for some advice??

[/ QUOTE ]

Best place for this topic--- http://www.nloc.net/forum/
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 01:00 PM
kemicalburns

check out www.fordfuelinjection.com. running the AOD is not that big of a deal. stroking will give you a bunch of power so you should pass on building an upper that is meant for hp not torque and turbos tht are for racing not 4wding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode