My 94 EB bronco leaks anti freeze - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 08:46 PM
grasshopper

My 94 EB bronco leaks anti freeze

I have 94 bronco 5.0 with a new 2 core rad. and a brand new water pump that i just replaced.My problem is it leaks after i use it,i'll shut it off and come out 5 or 10 min. later there will be a little spot of anti freeze.I can't find the problem.If it's running it wont leak,only after i shut it off it will leak.I change the hoses,rad,and water pump(not a rebuilt one).It drips under the rad.Could it be my fan clutch on the water pump.Is there anyway to test it.I loose anti freeze all the time,not much.I have 2 broncos and both of them do the samething.Both of them have new everything and still loose anti freeze.What could it be,I'm at wits end.Any help would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 08:34 PM
Veteran

Re: My 94 EB bronco leaks anti freeze

What you need to do clean off the front of the motor with degreaser and hose off all residues, wait till the next day after driving and crawl underneath to see exactly where the source of the leak is. Could be a loose hose clamp, thermostat by-pass hose above the waterpump, thermostat housing, corroded timing cover that the waterpump bolts to and has two passages to the block on both sides, follow the trail of antifreeze its really not that difficult to find the source and not a problem specific with the bronco , sounds like you just haven`t fixed the real source of youre leak yet and BTW no coolant passes through the fan clutch......

Hope this helps...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 06:33 AM
grasshopper

Broncomania,I will do what you said and try to pin point the leak.If the fan clutch is not spinning fast enough would the engine be a little hotter and when i shut it off between the heat and pressure it over flows a little.I will start with cleaning the front of the engine,then follow the trail of antifreeze and go from there.Thanks broncomania,i will let you now how i made out........grasshopper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Veteran

Sure thats possible but im assuming you have an overflow tank off to the side as mine does and you seem to be unsure of where the coolant is coming from. I hate to admit it but currently my bronco AND my wives mazda are both loosing coolant *only* while parked , out of the waterpump weep hole and hers is loosing quite a bit more so on cooler nights, but i simply dont have the time to do anything about it right now, especially hers since its a DOHC V6 and will require a timing belt with a waterpump x-change. All im getting at, is pinpoint the source first cuz a simple undertightened hose clamp can make you think you have a bigger problem than you actually may have ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode