4x4 to 2wd AOD??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2005, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

4x4 to 2wd AOD???

Well, I think it's about time to say goodbye to my bronco, the body is getting rusted out, the wiring is a wreck, and the motor's starting to go. I've got an AWESOME AOD in it though, and I was wanting to swap it into my 2WD F150. Is there any way to change the outputshaft, and tailhousing, to convert my 4x4 AOD to a 2WD??? Also, if anyone needs any parts off my 89, let me know what you need and I'll tell you if I have it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 02:19 PM
kemicalburns

Re: 4x4 to 2wd AOD???

whats so great about your AOD? I would be interested in the knuckles out on both sides of the front end minus the axles of course. you might be able to use the tranny but you will need to locate a 2wd tailshaft
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 10:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

wassamattayou???? Once they get rusty is when the fun begins! Just hink...AOD in 4 lo means you have a 4 speed automatic for low end torque and high speed coming out of the mud pits! I bought my rusty 85 8 years ago and heve never stopped beating it up...even though the body is gone beyond fixing. And if that sounds bad...I just sold a six cylinder Bronco that was even worse that I took a first place trophy in before the new owner kicked some booty with it in Moyie Springs!
So don't trask the rusty Bronc...abuse it till it shatters in half! This is coming from me who is admittedly smarter than most gravel and outwitted a snail once!
Six Bronco:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1467789-small_left.jpg (93.2 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Well, the great thing about my AOD is the hardened input shaft, upgraded clutch packs, billet servos, wide ratio gears... It's an "AODominator" built by performance transmission center. They did a great job. Anyways... since I've posted this, I bought a 93 bronco with a 351. I'm going to be swapping the trans into that (keeping it 4wd) and swapping out most of the drivetrain from my 89. But if anyone needs parts, I've got an entire spare truck for parts. I'll have 89 and 93 parts. let me know what you need.

Rob
[email protected]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 01:54 PM

The E4OD in the 93 can be a better tranny than the AOD. Your AOD is built which probably negates this but I would run the E4OD until it goes....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode