Need ideas for cheap lift!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 10:01 AM
daverbmxer

Need ideas for cheap lift!!

I have a 1981 Bronco that i'm hoping to put 33's on soon. the Bronco FAQ said that there would be wheel rub with these tires on there though, and there already is a bit even with 31's. So i've been researching how to lift it for as cheap as i can. Anywhere from 3 to 6 inches would be great. Would a stock shackle flip be strong enough on my truck? and what would i do with the front, would i have to get longer coil springs? Sky Manufacturing has shackle flips for 100+ bucks, but i dont know if thats for 1, 2 or 4. Kind of expensive if i can just use my stock shackle. anyway if anyone has any ideas please reply.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 12:48 AM
4x4forddad

Re: Need ideas for cheap lift!!

I have a 90 f150 I am looking to gain inches off of stock so I can move from 33 to atleast 35. The cheapest way I have found is to measuer the existing spings and go with heavyer. In my case I am looking at getting 1ton springs to give me the lift. I was quoted at a local boneyard $45 per leaf pack (each side) I havent gotten around to checking on coils as I cant aford to replace 6 shocks(dual shock option) and buy the springs. Not sure if this will work on your application or not. But its worth checking into!!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 10:23 PM

You don't need any lift to run 33s. They will fit stock. If anything the cheapest way to go would to be leveling springs in the front($129 plus camber and alignment) and just leave the rear stock. That's how my truck sits now and I love it.

For the second guy, just getting 1-ton running gear will not give you the result you are looking for. To run 35s with a suspension lift, you would have to actualy buy a lift kit, which is more than just coils and leaves. You would need the lift coils, blocks or springs in the rear, axle pivot drop brackets, radius arm drop brackets(or extended radius arms, new pitman arm and yes six new shocks. All fo this, except maybe the shocks, should come with any good qaulity lift kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 11:26 PM
daverbmxer

That sounds good, however I'm also wondering about this super ghetto way to raise it that I saw on JC Whitney.

For the front:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Produ...31+1981/c-10101

For the rear:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Produ...Group?Ntt=block

So, that would be a 2 inch lift in the front and a 3 inch in the rear, for less than $100. Would this work ok? I'm not an extreme rock crawler, so it should hold up ok i would think right. Also would i have to extend brake lines for that short of a lift, or any other things besides just sticking these blocks in?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 02:21 PM
kemicalburns

i hate to say it but a body lift would be the cheapest. anything else would be a waste of time. unless you just save up for a real lift and do it right the first time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode