lift kits - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 01:24 AM
rsb85

lift kits

What would you'll recommend for my 85 bronco, I'm thinking about lifting 3-4". what kit would be the best

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 09:36 AM

Re: lift kits

All depends on what you want to do with the truck. Trail rig or daily driver? For a daily driver just get your basic 4" kit and be doen with it. For a trail rig look into a good qaulity kit with extended brake lines and extended radius arms. Rancho makes a good kit that includes everything but shocks. Superlift, Skyjacker and BDS all make good kits. The BDS lifts have a no questions asked garuntee...you break it they replace it. Stay away from ProComp...not high qaulity and you will not be satisfied.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 12:40 PM
rsb85

MUCH THANKS, PLANNING TO DO SOME MUDDING AND MAYBE SOME ROCK CRAWLING. THE BRONCO IS ALSO GOING TO RUN AROUND THE STREETS AND GO WITH ME TO COLLEGE NEXT FALL.
RSB85
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 10:42 PM

Go with a radius arm kit then. The upgrade is about an extra $500 but you will be glad you did it. If you wait then you have to buy the parts, pay for install and have another alignment, so its best just to do it the first time.
While the truck is in also have the axle pivot bushing replaced, it could prolly use it. Also, if you can afford it go with bigger springs instead fo blocks in the rear.

Also, you havnt mentioned it, but many people will tell you to run 33s with this setup, but 35s are doable. Also, you talk about doing rocks, so gearing could be an issue. All depends on how hard core you want to get.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 10:32 PM
rsb85

EMAILED BDS THEY ADVISED OF A DEALER WITHIN OK DISTANCE, TOP END 6" LIFT NEW LEAFS RADIUS ARM KIT AND BLOCKED 1396.00 LABOR 700.00. I DIDN'T THINK THAT WAS BAD. I'LL CHECK ON THE SPRINGS
ANY OTHER IDEAS, THIS IS THE FIRST VEHICLE I'VE EVER DONE. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF SWAPPING OUT THE 351W 5.8L TO THE 6.9L DIESEL?

THANKS AGAIN
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 10:35 PM
rsb85

THE REASON ON THE DIESEL IDEA IS MORE TORQUE AND BIO-DIESEL COST A LOT LESS THAN GAS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode