whats "NORMAL" in the engine temp??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

whats \"NORMAL\" in the engine temp???

i got a problem whit my 5.0 efi 1995 bronco, when i bouth it about 3 years ago the temp gauge almost didnt move in any situation, (AC on, very hot ambient, etc) the needle ussually went up to the first line, (take a look at your gauge and you will get it), but now, when i get into the highway the needle reach the R o M or normal, WHY???, i know my engine is pretty worm than when i bouth it, (180.000 km and now its 310.000 km)my fan clutch is good, my radiator seems to be fine, there are no water leaks, i read the haynes manual to check the temp sensor but i have no F*@%ing idea of its position, in the haynes manual says that its located beside the distribuitor, but, no, i dont see it there, any help would be very apreciated...
thanks guys, sorry bout my english again... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/30.gif[/img]

and you guys on the hot zone up there, whats your normal temperature there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 12:14 PM
countryrider87

Re: whats \"NORMAL\" in the engine temp???

I wouldnt worry. my 87 ford bronco does the same. when im going about 30-45 it runs about the n. and when i go faster, it get about the r or m. so i hope that helps.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

mmmmm, i just dont want to get some serious damages coz of temp, im ussually runing on highways, but im gonna make some trips on mountain roads, and those roads are really heavy for trucks, dont wanna mess up my engine so soon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Veteran

Dude...

No need for panic,,, your right in the middle of the noRMal temp position. now of course the factory guages are only so accurate, but if it helps, mine runs at the "R" here in central,Fl with mid 90s and a 195 thermostat as required for the EFI, but, was just to the left of the "N" with a 180 degree T-stat. I had a 180 in there for a while but the heater wouldn`t work besides for best combustion, if you seen steve83s link a while back to, "project MPG", hotters better...

The sending unit is on top of the lower intake just behind the thermostat outlet on the passenger side. If you`re that concerned, buy an aftermarket mechanical guage or borrow someones Raytec thermoscan and aim it at your thermostat housing or RH side of the radiator [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode