1990 Bronco stalling out - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 05:48 AM
Kuzmichj

1990 Bronco stalling out

I have a 1990 Bronco and am having some trouble finding what is causing it to stall out after it has been running for about 15 to 20 mins. I have tried cleaning out the throttle body changing the ignition moduel , removed and cleaned out the idle air control valve flushing out the injectorschanging the fuel filter. It only happens when I come to a stop and it will start right back up after but I have to two foot it to keep it running untill I let it cool down for a couple of hours. any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 06:00 PM

Re: 1990 Bronco stalling out

Sounds to me like it is low on coolant, especialy since you say the throttle body is clean and the IACV is good.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Kuzmichj

I don't really understand how if the coolant is low it could cause the truck to stall out?
I checked the coolant level and it was full , I wasnt sure if maby even though I cleaned out the IAC it could still be sticking?
The ignition moduel has been replaced , the fuel filter, MAP sensor, plugs, wires cap and rotor are new. any other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 10:18 AM

How about the coil? Sounds like a heat transfer problem. The only other thing I can think of is to check fuel pressure.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 02:57 AM

I'd check the ignition module... I'd also check for trouble codes!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 04:42 PM
Kuzmichj

Has anyone ever heard of a distributor pick-up wearing out and causing the truck t stall out and get progressivly harder to start? I was sugggested to change the distributor
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 06:29 PM

I have seen many people replace the pickup for no reason! Yet to see sombody replace one that actually needed replaced. I'd take the module off and take it to autozone or advance or orielly and have them test it.. Very well could be the problem. Also check for trouble codes! they can tell you alot if you have a problem and its free to do so.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Kuzmichj

I picked up a used distributor from th ewreckerd and put it in an dit had been a couple of days , it seems to be running alright now hopefully it keeps going. Thanks to every one for the suggestions.
J Kuzmich
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 06:40 AM

check your EGR valve might be sticking open, esp if your coming to stop from above 40 mph. disconect the vac line to egr also ckeck the egr solinoid filter, little sponge under plastic cap on top of soliniod.
Hopes this helps Good Luck
Wes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode